Solution to political conflict on PF?

• News
  • Thread starter Zero
  • Start date
In summary, a conversation about a pro wrestling match between Zero and Russ for the title of Mad-dog Mentor turned into a discussion about politics and the state of discourse in the US. Some members placed bets on the match, while others suggested making it a jello wrestling match. In the end, there was still no clear consensus on who would win, and some even joked about the possibility of having a "tale of the tape" to determine the outcome.
Zero
Pro wrestling!

First match, for the title of Mad-dog Mentor:
Zero vs Russ Watters!

Place your bets, kids...(and send me cash!)

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you get to bash people over their heads with guitars?

Originally posted by Dissident Dan
Do you get to bash people over their heads with guitars?
Well, the truth doesn't seem to get through...LOL

Not biting. This isn't the place.

Originally posted by russ_watters
Not to mention that there's no real comparisson
of intellegent opposing views here, rather a valid
political viewpoint and some conspiracy theory madness.

Peace and long life.

*Smashed Russ over the head with a steel chair!*

Originally posted by drag
Not to mention that there's no real comparisson
of intellegent opposing views here, rather a valid
political viewpoint and some conspiracy theory madness.

Peace and long life.
*Elbow smashes drag off teh top rope!*

Does this really belong in the politics and world affairs forum? mebbe you should move it to the general forum..you might even get a wider audience and higher bets...

Originally posted by kat
Does this really belong in the politics and world affairs forum? mebbe you should move it to the general forum..you might even get a wider audience and higher bets...
Wanna be my manager?

My monies on Greg, to WIN, in the end, no matter what, after that though, hummm, russ or zero, hummmmm, maybe KAT in the first round, Oooops not a mentor, so maybe...I don't know!

Does this really belong in the politics and world affairs forum?
Yes. Sounds definitely more sane than the yelling at each other that has been intensifying in the last few weeks. And after all, isn't that what US politics boils down to these days? Forget about policies - just bash each other.

Now where's that rubber mallet...:wink:

Originally posted by FZ+
Yes. Sounds definitely more sane than the yelling at each other that has been intensifying in the last few weeks. And after all, isn't that what US politics boils down to these days? Forget about policies - just bash each other.

Now where's that rubber mallet...:wink:
That's about what I was going for...I figure since we are already separated into good goys and bad guys, we may as well just have a cyber wrestling match. Heck, at least it could be fun!

Originally posted by Zero
good goys
Wow, Zero.

But the bad guys are so much more fun!

Originally posted by FZ+

Actually, I think politics in the U.S. have boiled down to...some of us being so frustrated at the extremist who can't discuss anything, you know the type who declare anyone who does't see their point of view are liars or only support liars, are the "bad" guys etc. etc...that we just bow out..and then many get even more frustrated..and just stop voting. In the case of THIS forum..I personally am electing to just bow out..far more frequently. *shrug*

Zero-It wouldn't be fair for me to become your manager..I inevitably would not be able to resist pushing you to retire early.

Wow, Zero.
Lol, that's a funny typo...isn't that what Jews call Gentiles? I'm not sure, I'm an Atheist, after all...and I still sometimes type 'teh' instead of 'the'.

Ok, most of teh time, ok?!?

i put $10 on zero. well, i will put the money down as soon as i get to the bank...anyway, i say we make it really tough and make it a jello wrestling match! :smile:

Originally posted by halfdyke
i put $10 on zero. well, i will put the money down as soon as i get to the bank...anyway, i say we make it really tough and make it a jello wrestling match! :smile:
That's...that's just sick!:wink:

Hummm, Zero V Russ in a whatever kind of contest, Humm, can we have the "tale of the tape" please, ie; Height, weight, reach, experience in various manners of combat, that kinda stuff, cause I ain't a riskin my "2 cents" without proper knowledge...so...

Is this going to involve horrendously scary looking women or screaming at a camera 12 inches away?

1. What is the root cause of political conflict on PF?

The root cause of political conflict on PF is often a disagreement over policies or ideologies. This can stem from differences in beliefs, values, or interests between different groups or individuals within the platform.

2. How can we find a solution to political conflict on PF?

Finding a solution to political conflict on PF requires open and respectful communication between all parties involved. It is important to listen to each other's perspectives and work towards finding common ground and compromise.

3. How can we prevent political conflict from arising on PF?

To prevent political conflict on PF, it is important to establish clear rules and guidelines for respectful and constructive communication and debate. Additionally, promoting diversity and inclusivity within the platform can help prevent conflicts from arising.

4. Are there any successful examples of resolving political conflict on PF?

Yes, there have been instances where political conflict on PF has been successfully resolved through open and respectful communication and compromise. These examples serve as a reminder that finding a solution is possible with the right approach.

5. What can individuals do to contribute to a solution for political conflict on PF?

Individuals can contribute to a solution for political conflict on PF by actively listening to others, promoting respectful and constructive communication, and being open to finding common ground and compromise. It is also important to avoid spreading misinformation or engaging in personal attacks.