Unlocking Latex Solutions for Plain Text: Tips for Writing Equations on Google

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter Raghav Gupta
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Google Latex
In summary, Google does not accept processed LaTeX in their search box, but you can type in short bits of code to find something. If you need to search for a mathematical equation, it is better to use a specialized search engine like Wolfram Alpha. However, even with Wolfram Alpha, the free version does not show all the steps for solving the equation. To see the full steps, you will need to pay for the pro version.
Raghav Gupta
I get most of the solutions of plain text on Google, showing various links or books.
But questions having mathematical equation in them are not shown on Google.
Is there a way to write latex on Google?

Physics news on Phys.org
Google does not accept processed LaTeX in their search box. You can type in some short bits of code and might find something though.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Google does not accept processed LaTeX in their search box. You can type in some short bits of code and might find something though.
What type of code?
Suppose I have to find solution for ## \int_0^{nπ+v} |sinx| dx ##
This question is not made by me.

Raghav Gupta said:
What type of code?
Suppose I have to find solution for ## \int_0^{nπ+v} |sinx| dx ##
This question is not made by me.
Yeah you can't copy and paste that into Google Search

Greg Bernhardt said:
Yeah you can't copy and paste that into Google Search
So is there another way to type this integral in google search box?
Definitely some google books links will show this. But how to make google understand that?

Greg Bernhardt said:
I have used that wolframalpha before. It's nice but it doesn't show the steps in getting the answer. Is there something else we must write so that it shows us the steps?

Oh, sorry. I used mobile wolfram alpha earlier and it was different. I not opened the link given by you on first sight.
Although it requires paying for pro alpha to show fulll steps then also it's fine for some steps.
Thanks.

1. How can I write equations using LaTeX on Google Docs?

To write equations using LaTeX on Google Docs, you first need to enable the "Equation" editor under the "Add-ons" menu. Then, you can use the LaTeX commands to write your equations in the editor, which will be converted into a readable format.

2. What are the benefits of using LaTeX for writing equations on Google Docs?

LaTeX allows for a more efficient and precise way of writing equations on Google Docs. It also offers a wider range of symbols and formatting options compared to the built-in equation editor. Additionally, it ensures consistency and accuracy in the presentation of equations.

3. Is it necessary to have prior knowledge of LaTeX to write equations on Google Docs?

No, it is not necessary to have prior knowledge of LaTeX to write equations on Google Docs. However, having some familiarity with LaTeX commands can make the process quicker and easier.

4. Can I use LaTeX to write equations on other Google platforms, such as Google Sheets?

Yes, you can use LaTeX to write equations on other Google platforms, such as Google Sheets. You can either use the "Equations" add-on or install a browser extension that allows for LaTeX formatting.

5. Are there any alternatives to using LaTeX for writing equations on Google Docs?

Yes, there are alternatives to using LaTeX for writing equations on Google Docs, such as using the built-in equation editor or using a WYSIWYG equation editor like MathType. However, these options may have limitations in terms of formatting and symbols available.