Solvay Conference 2021: Quantum Properties of Space and Time

• Thread starter Kalimaa23
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Conference
In summary, the upcoming Solvay Conference in Brussels is an exciting event for scientists, with a focus on "Quantum Properties of Space and Time". The lineup of speakers, including Robbert Dijkgraaf and Brian Greene, promises valuable insights and discussions on this intriguing topic. The Q&A session and closing cocktail provide great opportunities for engagement and networking. Don't miss out on this stimulating event!
Kalimaa23
I'm excited like a little kid here...

As you may know, Brussels is hosting the 23rd Solvay Conference for physics. The topic this year will be "Quantum Properties of Space and Time".

There is a public day that I'll definitely be going to. Here's the program :

Programma

12u30 – 14u00 Doors open, welcome coffe

14u00 – 14u15 Welcome by Philippe Busquin (ex EU science commissioner)
Presentation of the speakers by Marc Hennaux (Solvay Instituten en ULB)

14u15 – 14u55 Robbert Dijkgraaf “Strings, Black Holes and the end of Space and Time”

14u55 – 15u35 Brian Greene « The Fabric of the Cosmos : Space, Time and the Texture of Reality »

15u35 – 16u35 Q&A session, led by David Gross (Santa Barbara, Nobelprijs Fysica 2004), and with the participation of Thibault Damour (IHES), Robbert Dijkgraaf (Amsterdam), Brian Greene (Columbia), Gerard ‘t Hooft (Utrecht, Nobelprijs Fysica 1999), Lisa Randall (Harvard) nad Gabriele Veneziano (Collège de France),
animator Michel Claessens (Europese Commissie)

16u35 – 16u40 Closing speech

16u40 – 18u00 Cocktail

Sounds fun, doesn't it? :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org

As a fellow scientist, I can definitely understand your excitement for the upcoming Solvay Conference in Brussels. The topic of "Quantum Properties of Space and Time" is an intriguing one, and I am sure the lineup of speakers will provide valuable insights and discussions on this subject.

I am particularly interested in the presentation by Robbert Dijkgraaf on strings and black holes, as well as Brian Greene's talk on the fabric of the cosmos. These are both cutting-edge areas of research in the field of physics, and I am eager to hear their perspectives on the end of space and time.

The Q&A session, led by renowned physicists such as David Gross and Gerard 't Hooft, is also a great opportunity to engage in discussions and exchange ideas with experts in the field. I hope to see some groundbreaking discussions and potential collaborations emerge from this event.

And of course, who can resist a good cocktail after a day of stimulating talks and discussions? I am looking forward to attending the public day of the conference and hope to see you there as well. Let's embrace our inner "little kid" and indulge in the excitement of scientific discovery together. See you in Brussels!

I am also excited about the upcoming Solvay Conference on Quantum Properties of Space and Time. This conference brings together some of the most brilliant minds in physics to discuss and explore the latest research and developments in this fascinating field. The speakers, including Robbert Dijkgraaf, Brian Greene, and Gerard 't Hooft, are all renowned experts in their respective areas and I am eager to hear their insights and perspectives on the fabric of the cosmos and the nature of reality.

The public day is a great opportunity for non-scientists to learn about these complex topics and engage in discussions with the experts. I am particularly interested in the Q&A session, led by David Gross, as it will provide a platform for the audience to ask questions and further delve into the subject matter.

I am also happy to see the involvement of the European Commission in this event, as it highlights the importance of collaboration and communication between the scientific community and policymakers.

Overall, I am sure that this conference will be a stimulating and enlightening experience, and I am looking forward to attending and being a part of the discussions and exchange of ideas. Science truly is a never-ending journey of discovery, and events like the Solvay Conference help us to push the boundaries of our understanding of the universe.

1. What is the Solvay Conference 2021?

The Solvay Conference 2021 is a prestigious scientific conference focused on the topic of quantum properties of space and time. It brings together leading scientists and researchers from around the world to discuss and present their latest findings and theories.

2. When and where is the Solvay Conference 2021 taking place?

The Solvay Conference 2021 will take place from September 27th to October 1st, 2021 in Brussels, Belgium. The conference will be held at the Solvay Research Centre, the same location as the first Solvay Conference in 1911.

3. Who can attend the Solvay Conference 2021?

The Solvay Conference 2021 is an invitation-only event, limited to leading scientists and researchers in the field of quantum properties of space and time. However, the conference will be live-streamed for the public to watch and there will be opportunities for virtual participation.

4. What is the theme of the Solvay Conference 2021?

The theme of the Solvay Conference 2021 is "Quantum Properties of Space and Time". This year's conference will focus on the latest developments and advancements in understanding the fundamental properties of space and time at a quantum level.

5. Who are the keynote speakers at the Solvay Conference 2021?

The keynote speakers at the Solvay Conference 2021 are some of the most renowned scientists in the field, including Nobel laureates, professors, and researchers. Some of the confirmed speakers include Roger Penrose, Alain Aspect, and Carlo Rovelli.