Help Hayz 8 Challenging Math Questions

• Thread starter tredly18
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a student asking for help with math problems due tomorrow. The problems involve solving equations, finding solutions to equations, expressing equations in parametric form, and solving systems of equations. The conversation also mentions the rules for getting homework help and the importance of showing one's own work. The expert summarizer provides hints for the first three problems and emphasizes the importance of learning and not just getting the answers.
tredly18
hey Guys, I am having a bit of trouble working out some questions i need to how to work out by tomorrow. I feel stupid for not thinking of this earlier but i have been flat out with study.

can you help me work out these questions and show me how its done.

Solve for X in the quations.

1) 2^4x = 16
2) ln(2x-5) = 1.9
3) logbase7(x) = 5

4) the intensity I of light passing through a window, measured in lumens, is given by the formula

I(d) = 52e^-4.5d

(i) where d is the thickness (in centimeters) of glass in the window.
find the intensity if the thickness is 2.2 cm

(ii) find the thickness required to give an intensity of 12 lumens. give answer in centimeters to at least three decimal places.

5) Explain why the quadratic equation x^2-6x+140=0 has no real solution for x.

6) on dividing (x+2) into 2x^5-3x^2+x-1 there is both a quotient and remainder.

Thus 2x^5-3x^2+x-1 = q(x)(x+2) + R

where q(x) is a polynomial in x of degree 4, and R is a constant. Find R?

7)

Find all solutions to the system.

x-2y+2z = -6
3x-5y+6z = -15
2x+4y-12z = 44

8) write the equation 5x+3y = 4 in parametric form. That is express both x and y in terms of the same parameter

9) solve x(2x-3)^2 = 4x^3+7x-60 for x

Hope this isn't to much to ask. I will be so very thankfull to anybody who can help me.

Thanx in advance

Hayz

Physics news on Phys.org
The rules with homework help are generally that you have to show some working before anybody atempts to help you. Frankly for being flat out with study you should easily get these questions.

Anyway show a bit of working for each and I'm sure you'll receive loads of hints but we will not do your homework for you.

Must have taken more time to copy that from the homework sheet than to sit down and solve the problems o:)

tredly18 said:
Hope this isn't to much to ask.
No, this isn't too much at all. :)
I will be so very thankfull to anybody who can help me.
Yes, we are very willing to help you solve all those problem. But what I mean by help is that, if you are stuck somewhere in your work, we can help you; or we can point out where the errors in your work are; we can even help you start the problem in case you don't know how. However, we won't show COMPLETE solutions.
You can take time to view some of the old rules https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=28.

Common, show your work, show us what you have done, and what you think, where you get stuck and we can help you. :)
---------
Ok, in case you don't know how to start all those problem. Say, can you find y in terms of x, if you know that x = logay? :)

Last edited:
yer well they where the only ones out of about 500 i didnt no where to start. thanks for nothing.

There are very good reasons why we do not do peoples homework for them.

Firstly you learn nothing just being handed the answers and secondly its to stop people from getting credit for work they did not do themselves.

I will hint at the answers to the first 3 questions.

1.) y=b^x is equivalent to log_b(y) = x
2.) take the exponential of both sides
3.) same as 1.)

1. What is "Help Hayz 8 Challenging Math Questions"?

Help Hayz 8 Challenging Math Questions is a set of challenging math problems designed to help students improve their critical thinking and problem-solving skills.

2. Who can benefit from "Help Hayz 8 Challenging Math Questions"?

Students of all ages and levels can benefit from "Help Hayz 8 Challenging Math Questions." These problems are suitable for elementary, middle, and high school students, as well as for anyone who wants to improve their math skills.

3. Are the math questions suitable for all math levels?

Yes, the questions in "Help Hayz 8 Challenging Math Questions" are designed to challenge students of all math levels. Each question has different difficulty levels, so there is something for everyone to learn and improve.

4. How can "Help Hayz 8 Challenging Math Questions" help students?

"Help Hayz 8 Challenging Math Questions" can help students by providing them with a fun and engaging way to practice their math skills. These problems can also help students improve their critical thinking, problem-solving, and logical reasoning abilities.

5. Are the solutions provided for the math questions?

Yes, solutions are provided for all "Help Hayz 8 Challenging Math Questions." This allows students to check their answers and understand the problem-solving process better. However, it is recommended to try to solve the problems on your own before looking at the solutions.