Solving System of DEs: T, u, phi w/ Constants & r

• Thread starter msenousy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    System
In summary, a system of DEs is a set of equations used to describe the relationships between multiple variables and their rates of change. To solve it, techniques such as separation of variables, substitution, or elimination are commonly used. T, u, phi, and r are commonly used variables in this context, with T representing time, u representing a function, phi representing a phase angle, and r representing a rate of change. Constants, represented by letters such as A, B, or C, are values that do not change and are used in the equations. A system of DEs can have any number of variables, but the more variables there are, the more complex it becomes and the more advanced techniques may be required to solve it.
msenousy
Hello dear all;
I have been trying to solve a system of DE for a long time; however, I find it difficult to solve it.
I am wondering if anyone can help me in solving them ir at least telling me whether they have a closed form solution or not.

the equations are attached to this mail in a jpg format

The dependant variables are, "T", "u", and "phi"
the independant variable is "r"
other than that everything is constant

Thanks;
MoMo

Attachments

• DE.JPG
    DE.JPG
    12.5 KB · Views: 424
Physics news on Phys.org
Separation of variables?

Hello MoMo,

Solving systems of differential equations can be a challenging task, but with the right approach, it is definitely possible. It would be helpful if you could provide more information about the specific equations you are trying to solve, such as their order and boundary conditions. This would allow us to better understand the problem and provide more specific advice.

In general, there are a few methods that can be used to solve systems of DEs. One approach is to use substitution, where you solve for one variable and then substitute it into the other equations. Another approach is to use elimination, where you eliminate one variable at a time until you are left with a single equation to solve.

It is also important to note that not all systems of DEs have closed form solutions. In some cases, numerical methods may be necessary to approximate the solutions. However, it is worth exploring different techniques and methods to see if a closed form solution can be found.

I would suggest consulting with a math tutor or reaching out to online forums and communities for additional help and guidance in solving your system of DEs. Good luck!

1. What is a system of DEs?

A system of DEs, or differential equations, is a set of equations that describe the relationships between multiple variables and their rates of change. It is commonly used in mathematics and science to model real-world phenomena.

2. How do you solve a system of DEs?

To solve a system of DEs, you typically use techniques such as separation of variables, substitution, or elimination. These methods allow you to solve for the unknown variables and find a general solution to the system.

3. What are T, u, phi, and r in the context of solving a system of DEs?

T, u, phi, and r are commonly used variables in the context of solving a system of DEs. T typically represents time, u represents a function, phi represents a phase angle, and r represents a rate of change.

4. What are constants in a system of DEs?

Constants are values that do not change and are used in the equations of a system of DEs. They may represent physical properties or initial conditions that are given in the problem. These values are typically represented by letters such as A, B, or C.

5. Can you solve a system of DEs with more than three variables?

Yes, a system of DEs can have any number of variables. However, the more variables there are, the more complex the system becomes and the more difficult it is to solve. It may require more advanced techniques such as matrix methods or numerical approximation.