How to Solve for T in an Equilibrium Problem?

• Thread starter Ashley1nOnly
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Equilibrium
In summary, equilibrium in scientific terms refers to a state of balance or stability in a system. It is important to solve for T (equilibrium) in order to determine the temperature at which a chemical reaction will reach equilibrium. The formula for solving for T (equilibrium) depends on the specific reaction and its equilibrium constant. Factors such as temperature, pressure, and concentration of reactants and products can affect the value of T (equilibrium). Solving for T (equilibrium) has real-life applications in industries such as pharmaceuticals, agriculture, and chemical production, as well as in environmental studies.
Ashley1nOnly

Homework Statement

upload_2017-11-1_2-23-39.png

Homework Equations

upload_2017-11-1_2-23-56.png

The Attempt at a Solution

upload_2017-11-1_2-22-40.png
I'm trying to solve this problem but I can't get the Te by itself. Does anyone have any answers as to a direction I should take?

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-1_2-22-40.png
    upload_2017-11-1_2-22-40.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 614
  • upload_2017-11-1_2-23-19.png
    upload_2017-11-1_2-23-19.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 390
  • upload_2017-11-1_2-23-39.png
    upload_2017-11-1_2-23-39.png
    42.3 KB · Views: 496
  • upload_2017-11-1_2-23-56.png
    upload_2017-11-1_2-23-56.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 570
Physics news on Phys.org
Are you familiar with how to find the roots of a polynomial of degree 2?

I solved it with your help. I didn't even think about doing it that way. Thanks

What is equilibrium in scientific terms?

Equilibrium refers to a state of balance or stability in a system, where the forward and reverse reactions occur at equal rates and there is no overall change in the system's properties over time.

Why is it important to solve for T (equilibrium)?

Solving for T (equilibrium) allows us to determine the temperature at which a chemical reaction will reach equilibrium, which is crucial for understanding and controlling the behavior of the reaction.

How do you solve for T (equilibrium)?

The formula for solving for T (equilibrium) depends on the specific reaction and its equilibrium constant. In general, it involves setting the forward and reverse reaction rates equal to each other and solving for T.

What factors can affect the value of T (equilibrium)?

The value of T (equilibrium) can be affected by changes in temperature, pressure, and concentration of reactants and products. Catalysts and inhibitors can also alter the equilibrium conditions.

What are some real-life applications of solving for T (equilibrium)?

Solving for T (equilibrium) is important in many industries, such as pharmaceuticals, agriculture, and chemical production, as it allows for the optimization of reaction conditions to achieve the desired product yield. It is also applicable in environmental studies, where understanding equilibrium conditions can help predict and mitigate the effects of pollutants in natural systems.