Can the System of Inequalities in R be Solved with Real Numbers x, y, and z?

Then, plugging the value of y into (2) and (3), you can solve for x and z.In summary, the given problem involves solving for real numbers x, y, and z in the equations (1+4x^2)y=4z^2, (1+4y^2)z=4x^2, and (1+4z^2)x=4y^2. After some algebraic manipulation, the equations can be simplified to (1/2+x^2)(1/2+y^2)(1/2+z^2)=xyz. Using this, it can be determined that the solutions are x=y=z=1/2 or x=y=z=0.
Andrax

Homework Statement

x y and z are real numbers
solve in lR
(1+4x^2)y=4z^2
(1+4y^2)z=4x^2
(1+4z^2)x=4y^22. The attempt at a solution
(1+4x^2)y(1+4y^2)z(1+4z^2)x=64x^2y^2z^2(x and y and z =/=0)
([itex]\frac{1}{4}[/itex]+x^2)([itex]\frac{1}{4}[/itex]+y^2)([itex]\frac{1}{4}[/itex]+z^2)=xyz
now i can tell from this that (1/2,1/2,1/2)(suppose that x=y=z solves this also (0,0,0,) is a solution)
but I'm really stuck here i thought this problem would be easy i need help

Physics news on Phys.org
I would try this: plugging (1) in (3), (1+(1+4x^2)y)x=4y^2 or 4y^2-(x+4x^3)y-x=0
This can be solved for y.

1. What is R and how is it used to solve inequalities?

R is a programming language and environment commonly used in statistics and data analysis. It has built-in functions and packages that allow users to input mathematical equations, including inequalities, and solve for the values of the variables.

2. Can R solve all types of inequalities?

Yes, R can solve a wide range of inequalities, including linear, quadratic, polynomial, exponential, and logarithmic inequalities.

3. How do I input an inequality in R?

To input an inequality in R, use the "<" or ">" symbols to represent "less than" or "greater than" respectively. You can also use "<=" for "less than or equal to" and ">=" for "greater than or equal to". For example, to solve the inequality 2x + 3 > 10, you would input "2x + 3 > 10" into R.

4. How does R solve inequalities?

R uses algorithms and mathematical techniques to manipulate the inputted inequality and solve for the values of the variables. It may also graph the inequality to visually display the solution set.

5. Can R provide a step-by-step solution for solving inequalities?

Yes, R can provide a step-by-step solution for solving inequalities. However, this may require additional packages or functions to be installed. Alternatively, you can use R's built-in "solve()" function to obtain the solution set for the inequality.