Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

(Solved) Java - Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

Tags:
  1. Dec 7, 2014 #1

hzp

I am programming in Java, creating a window application. I used notepad++ and compile through the command line. The program compiles and runs fine through the command line

However I want to create an executable file, so I downloaded jsmooth

But it is giving me this error and I can't really find any information that helps me:
    "Exception in thread main java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Game : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0"

This is after the executable has been compiled and I try to run it. It starts and the debug command opens with this error

Followed instructions on jsmooth website and here:
    http://www.coolwebproject.com/jsmooth/ [Broken]

my code below, not sure how it would be relevant

Attached Files:

• zip.zip
      zip.zip
      File size:
      1.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 7, 2014 #2

hzp

Nevermind - problem is all sorted. Had to change minimum JVM version to the source version

4. Jul 20, 2015 #3
    Hi,

How exactly did you change the minimum JVM version?
    I'm facing the same problem, however I don't know what you mean by "change minimum JVM version".
    How exactly do I do that?

Thank you, if you reply this would be a major help for me!

5. Jul 20, 2015 #4

Borg

Gold Member

It means that he compiled the code with one version of Java and tried to run the compiled code with a lower version. This often happens when you are using an IDE to compile and the version that it is set up to use is not the same as the JVM being used by your computer.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook