1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: [Solved] LTspice - adding new diode

1. Feb 23, 2010 #1
    EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED! I found a model on a website of the manufacturer! Next, I need to hunt down this 5.1 V Zener.

Hey. I'm designing a full-wave bridge rectifier regulated by a Zener, and on of the project requirements is an LTspice simulation(not to mention it's a good place to start before buying components and building the rectifier).

I've been searching and reading tons of data sheets, but I cannot find much about the 1N4004 diode. For example, none of the datasheets I found show saturation current. Is there a place with LTspice models for popular diodes, or a place with better data sheets?

From what I can find, my model looks like this(where empty means nothing found yet):
    .model D1N4004 D (Is= Rs= N= Tt= Cjo=15p Vj= M= Eg= Xti= Kf= Af= Fc= Bv=400 Ibv=5.00u Tnom= Isr= Nr= Ikf= Tikf= Trs1= Trs2=)

I know many of these variables are useless for my analysis, but some like Is just seem important and fundamental.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  2. jcsd
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted