Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

[Solved] PSPICE Error when trying to run simulation

1. Feb 4, 2016 #1
    Hi, so I built this circuit

Circuit Schematic.PNG

I'm trying to run a parametric sweep of the voltage source. I'm running it from 0V to 30V with a 0.1V interval

So I put up the simulation settings that I wanted:

Simulation Settings For Circuit.PNG

and I ended up getting this error:

Error for Simulation.PNG

I tried it on different computers as well and I still got the same error.

Thank You.

EDIT: I got a new, different error after designing the circuit from scratch again:

New Circuit Schematic: New Circuit Schematic.PNG

New Error:

New Simulation Error.PNG

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 4, 2016 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

It looks like your connection to the base of the NPN transistor missed, and connected to the collector? That leaves the base open, which would generate a netlist error. Your voltage source is also backwards -- you need a + voltage supply for the collector in this circuit. :smile:

4. Feb 4, 2016 #3
    "Connected to the collector"? What exactly does that mean?

Also, I flipped the voltage source:

Voltage Flipped 180 degrees.PNG

5. Feb 4, 2016 #4

berkeman

In your first version that you posted in post #1, the base current source is shown connecting to the collector of the NPN transistor, and the base is open. Now that is fixed, but your flipped voltage source is not connected to the collector, and there is no ground connection to the - terminal of the voltage source. :smile:

6. Feb 4, 2016 #5
    I have this schematic now. I'm wondering if this would fix it.

New Schematic 3.PNG

7. Feb 4, 2016 #6
    It didn't work. I still get this error. New Simulation Error 4.PNG

8. Feb 4, 2016 #7

berkeman

Looks closer. Move the ground symbol down a couple grid points below the wires that connect to it, and run a wire down from that T point to the ground symbol.

Also, can you output the netlist from this circuit? That will help to figure out what the SPICE compiler doesn't like.

9. Feb 6, 2016 #8
    Hey, sorry I couldn't reply earlier. It worked when I moved the ground symbol down a couple grid points. Thank You! :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook