Solving a non linear system

T X=A.In summary, the conversation discusses solving the system X'*X=A, where A is a known matrix and X is the matrix being computed. One possible solution involves getting an implicit solution using the equation \dot{X}^{\dagger }X=A. This leads to the conclusion that V\Sigma V^T is a possible solution for X^T X=A.
sa_christina
Hello all,
i would like to ask you how can be solved this system: X'*X=A, where A (pxp) known Matrix and X(nxp) the matrix i want to compute.

Thanks in advance

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not sure of the best way to solve this but, if I'm interpreting what you wrote correctly, you can get an implicit solution like

[tex]
\dot{X}^{\dagger }X=A
\Longrightarrow \dot{X}^{\dagger }X+X^{\dagger }\dot{X}=A+A^{\dagger }
[/tex]
[tex]
\Longrightarrow \partial _t\left(X^{\dagger }X\right)=A+A^{\dagger }
[/tex]
[tex]
\Longrightarrow X^{\dagger }X=\int _0\left(A+A^{\dagger }\right)dt+X_0^{\dagger }X_0
[/tex]

[tex]X=U\Sigma V^T,X^T X=V\Sigma^T U^TU\Sigma V^T=V\Sigma^2 V^T=A[/tex]

[tex]V\Sigma V^T\in X[/tex]

1. How do you solve a non linear system?

Solving a non linear system involves finding the values of the variables that satisfy all of the equations in the system. This can be done through various methods such as substitution, elimination, or graphing.

2. What are the challenges of solving a non linear system?

The main challenge of solving a non linear system is that there is no one set method that works for all systems. Each system may require a different approach, and it can be difficult to determine the most efficient method to use.

3. Can a non linear system have more than one solution?

Yes, a non linear system can have multiple solutions. This is because the equations in the system may intersect at more than one point, resulting in multiple sets of values that satisfy all of the equations.

4. How can technology help in solving a non linear system?

Technology, such as graphing calculators or computer software, can help in solving a non linear system by quickly graphing the equations and finding the intersection points. This can save time and effort compared to solving the system by hand.

5. Is there a way to check if a solution to a non linear system is correct?

Yes, once you have found a solution to a non linear system, you can plug in the values for the variables into each equation and see if they satisfy all of them. If all the equations are true with the given values, then the solution is correct.