1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Solving Kramers- Kronig Relation using MATLAB

1. Aug 6, 2007 #1
    [​IMG]

I have plotted a string of experiment data to form f''([tex]\varpi[/tex])
    However, I do now know how to incoperate the f''([tex]\varpi[/tex]) into KKR. My problem now is that I do not know how to integrate f''([tex]\varpi[/tex]) /{[tex]\varpi'^2-\varpi^2[/tex]} using Matlab.

I've tried plotting the area under the curve of eq, f''([tex]\varpi[/tex]) /{[tex]\varpi'^2-\varpi^2[/tex]} . But my plotted curve is exactly the same as the curve for f''([tex]\varpi[/tex]) /{[tex]\varpi'^2-\varpi^2[/tex]}

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 7, 2007 #2
  4. Aug 7, 2007 #3
    I've tried trapz(X,Y). But there is an error saying that "LENGTH(X) must equal the length of the first non-singleton dimension of Y."

May I know what is the problem?
    How shall i define the length of X since my X is generated with hundreds of experiment data.

5. Aug 7, 2007 #4
    I'm not sure - can you send me the file containing your data? I'll see what I can do from here...

ps: once you've loaded the variables X and Y from the data source, just check that the dimensions of these arrays agree using "whos". They should be the same length.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?