Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Solving ∫(secx^2)(e^cotx)dx

1. Jul 28, 2014 #1
    << Moderator's Note -- Original post (OP) restored after being deleted by the poster >>

PLEASE HELP! Does anyone possible know how to do these two problems! I'm freaking out!

∫(secx^2)(e^cotx)dx

Thank you so much!

PLEASE HELP! Does anyone possible know how to do these two problems! I'm freaking out!

∫(secx^2)(e^cotx)dx

And

∫9x^3/Square root of (1+x^2) dx NEED TO USE SUBSTITUTION X=Tanx

Thank you so much!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 28, 2014 #2
    Urgent!!!

These seem like homework problems...
    Please post an attempt at the problem, and this should be in the homework section,
    Cheers,

4. Jul 28, 2014 #3
    No these are review questions I'm stuck on. All my answers are wrong. Everything doesn't make sense but apparently there is an answer to this.

5. Jul 28, 2014 #4
    Urgent!!!

When I get home I will attempt to solve them. Could you post yours steps so that we can see where you may have gone wrong?

See the FAQ for how to use latex.

6. Jul 28, 2014 #5
    Is there a model forum? I can take a picture with my phone. I have about 20 different approaches all leading to THE WRONG ANSWER! When I graph it comes close but not it. I asked my old math professor and he doesn't know. Think he should get fired but that's a different story.

7. Jul 28, 2014 #6
    Post what you think is your best attempt.

8. Jul 28, 2014 #7
    I figured this one out! Can you help me with the other?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  9. Jul 28, 2014 #8

Student100

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

I only saw one problem, I can't see your other one. I can't see your work, this is the wrong location. Also, naming a posting urgent is a bad way to get help here.

As far as the one I can see. Are we assuming x is real? Do you know about exponential integrals?

10. Jul 28, 2014 #9
    I edited the post. I do have a basic knowledge. I've done a lot of problems similar to this. With this one, I honestly have no idea how to begin..

11. Jul 28, 2014 #10

Student100

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Are you trying to do it by parts? What is your u and v?

12. Jul 28, 2014 #11
    I don't think you can do it by parts. I'm guessing U would be secx^2 and ∫dv=∫e^cotx

13. Jul 28, 2014 #12

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Thread closed temporarily for Moderation...

14. Jul 28, 2014 #13

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Thread will stay closed.

@dasboot58 -- Check your PMs. You've broken at least a half-dozen of the PF rules with this thread.

For everybody else, please report threads where the OP shows no work. Thank you.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook