1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Some advice with archive

1. Dec 27, 2005 #1
    Hi,

I submitted a paper to archive recently (xxx.lanl.gov) which was accepted I received an email notifying me that it was due to appear yesterday at 20.00.

It did not appear and I did not receive an email saying that it had been rejected so I'm a little confused.

Any ideas?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 27, 2005 #2

Dr Transport

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Their holiday schedule has put many of the papers behind .....

4. Dec 27, 2005 #3
    so it was wrong to re-submit?

5. Dec 28, 2005 #4

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Something is wrong then. The holiday schedule doesn't affect them because it is done almost automatically.

You should have been given some sort of a reference number when you submitted. Use that to check the status of your submission. Also, is this your first paper submitted to Arxiv? If it is, you are usually required to get an endorser.

Zz.

6. Dec 28, 2005 #5

ZapperZ

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

On the other hand, did you look at the Holiday Schedule announcement? Did you submit your manuscript on any of the dates mentioned?

http://arxiv.org/new/index.html#holiday_2005

Zz.

7. Dec 28, 2005 #6
    Well, I got this email after I submitted:
    ---------------------------------------
    To verify abstract and postscript, use http://arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/0512146
    PaperId: gr-qc/0512146, PaperPassword: gzx5v (access still password restricted)
    Abstract will appear in mailing scheduled to begin at 20:00 Monday
    US Eastern time (i.e., Tue 27 Dec 05 01:00:00 GMT).
    ---------------------------------------

I received no further emails and the paper did not appear. Instead another paper now turns up with the same number from another author.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?