Why didn't my paper appear on archive?

• Thread starter robousy
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a paper that was submitted to archive and was expected to appear on a specific date, but did not. The person is confused because they did not receive a rejection email and the holiday schedule should not have affected the publication. The conversation also suggests checking the status of the submission using a reference number and mentions the requirement for an endorser if it is the first paper submitted to Arxiv. The conversation ends with the person mentioning receiving an email with a paper password but no further updates or publication.
robousy
Hi,

I submitted a paper to archive recently (xxx.lanl.gov) which was accepted I received an email notifying me that it was due to appear yesterday at 20.00.

It did not appear and I did not receive an email saying that it had been rejected so I'm a little confused.

Any ideas?

Physics news on Phys.org
Their holiday schedule has put many of the papers behind ...

so it was wrong to re-submit?

Something is wrong then. The holiday schedule doesn't affect them because it is done almost automatically.

You should have been given some sort of a reference number when you submitted. Use that to check the status of your submission. Also, is this your first paper submitted to Arxiv? If it is, you are usually required to get an endorser.

Zz.

Well, I got this email after I submitted:
---------------------------------------
To verify abstract and postscript, use http://arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/0512146
PaperId: gr-qc/0512146, PaperPassword: gzx5v (access still password restricted)
Abstract will appear in mailing scheduled to begin at 20:00 Monday
US Eastern time (i.e., Tue 27 Dec 05 01:00:00 GMT).
---------------------------------------

I received no further emails and the paper did not appear. Instead another paper now turns up with the same number from another author.

What is an archive?

An archive is a collection of historical or cultural documents, materials, or records that are preserved for research or reference purposes. It can be physical, such as a library or museum, or digital, such as a database or website.

Why is it important to keep an archive?

Archives are important because they preserve and provide access to valuable information and resources for future generations. They also serve as evidence for historical events and help us understand the past.

How should I organize my archive?

The organization of an archive will depend on the type of materials and the purpose of the archive. However, a common method is to arrange materials chronologically or thematically to make them easier to navigate and locate.

How do I ensure the preservation of my archive?

To ensure the preservation of an archive, it is important to store materials in a suitable environment, such as a temperature and humidity-controlled space. Handling materials with care and using acid-free containers can also help prevent deterioration.

Can I access archived materials online?

Many archives now have digital collections that can be accessed online. However, not all materials may be available digitally and some archives may require a membership or fee to access their online collections.