What are some common challenges faced in chemistry problem solving?

In summary, for problem 2, we need to calculate the expected mass of one mole of 31^P atoms using the given values for Avogadro's constant, electron mass, proton mass, and neutron mass. The actual mass of one mole of 31^P atoms is 30.9738g. For problem 3, we need to find the percentage by mass of MGSO4.7H20 in a mixture of MGS04 and CuSO4.7H20, given the amounts of the anhydrous compounds produced. In problem 4, we need to determine the formula of a hydrocarbon that was burned completely in oxygen, using the amount of oxygen required. In problem 5
dude_007
a) Calculate the expected mass of one mole of 31^P atoms that the avogadro constant equals 6.0225 x10^23, the mass of one electron equals 9.1091x10^-28g, the mass of one proton equals 1.6725x10^-24g and the mass of one nuetron equals 1.6748x10^-24g.

b) The actual mass of one mole of 31^P atoms is 30.9738g. Try to account for the difference between this valueand your answer in (a).

A mixture of MGS04 and CuSO4.7H20 is heated at 120(degrees C) until a mixture of the anhydrous compounds is produced. If 5.00g of the mixture gave 3.00g of the anhydrous compounds, calculate the percentage by mass of MGSO4.7H20 in the mixture.

1 mole of a hydrocarbon formula CnH2n was burned completely in oxygen producing carbon dioxide and water vapour only. It requires 192g of oxygen. Work out the formula of the hydrocarbon.

5. When 15cm^3 of gaseous hydrocarbon was exploded with 60cm^3 of oxygen (an XS), the final volume was 45cm^3. This decreased by 15cm^3 on treatment with NaOH solution ( removes C02 ). What was the formula of the hydrocarbon (all measuremnets were made at room temp. and pressure, & water produced is liquid)

A fertilser contains ammonuim sulphate and pottasuim sulphate. A samply of 1.455g of the fertilise was warmed with 25cm^3, 0.2moddm^-3 NaOH solution giving of ammonia gas. The remaining NaOH that was not used requireed 28.7cm^3 of 0.100moldm^-3 HCl acid for nuetrulisation. Calculate the % by mass of ammonuim sulphate in the sample

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO DO ANY OF THESE PLEASE HELP ME I HAVE UNTIL FRIDAY

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Can you show of the work/thinking/reasonning you have done on these problems. People will point out the errors and they help you solve your problem.

We are here to help but we are not here to do your homework.

Hint; in the first question all three particle masses are incorrect, some by small amount, some large.

The others; you have some digging to do.

sorry i now done 2ab and no. 5

3-
no real working outs because all i cud figure out that 2g of water had been extracted.

6-
I "think" its all a 1-1 ratio equation, so i found out moles of NaOH but then couldn't find mass because i don't no a; if the equation is balance b;the Mr of the ammonuim sulphate.

5-
I tried to use the pv=nrt forumula to work out the amount of moles used, after that i was lost on wat to do

1. What is the purpose of "Some desperate chem help"?

The purpose of "Some desperate chem help" is to provide assistance and guidance to individuals who are struggling with chemistry concepts or problems.

2. Who can benefit from "Some desperate chem help"?

Anyone who is studying chemistry, whether it be in high school or college, can benefit from "Some desperate chem help". It is also useful for individuals who are interested in learning more about chemistry but may not be currently enrolled in a class.

3. Are there specific topics covered in "Some desperate chem help"?

Yes, "Some desperate chem help" covers a wide range of topics in chemistry, including general chemistry, organic chemistry, and biochemistry. It also provides assistance with specific problems and equations.

4. Is "Some desperate chem help" a substitute for a chemistry class?

No, "Some desperate chem help" should not be used as a substitute for a chemistry class. It is meant to supplement and support your learning, but it cannot replace the comprehensive instruction and hands-on experience provided in a classroom setting.

5. How can I access "Some desperate chem help"?

"Some desperate chem help" can be accessed online through various platforms such as websites, forums, and social media groups. It may also be available in the form of study guides or textbooks.

Back