Grade K-12 vs College Level: Age & Differences

• Thread starter edwin2b
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the difference between the Grade K-12 and College Level forums, as well as the age range for each. It is mentioned that not everyone can use an avatar on the forum and that there is a link to upgrade membership. The Grade K-12 forum is specifically for students under 18, while the College Level forum is for university students. The conversation ends with a thank you for the information."
edwin2b
hihi..

I can't using the avatar but the other one does..why??please hlep me..

What is the difference between the Grade K-12 and College Level ..??
What age are they for..??
I am not knowing those because I come from HK..

Physics news on Phys.org
Not everyone can use an avatar. You have to be a 'PF Contributor' to able to use it. If you're interested there's a link for upgrading your membership at the top of this page. I can use an avatar (but not change it) because I registered at this forum before this system was brought about.

The Grade K-12 forum is a homework forum for students who are not in university (18 and below).

oic...thanks

What is the main difference between grade K-12 and college level?

The main difference between grade K-12 and college level is the age of the students. Grade K-12 includes students from kindergarten to 12th grade, typically ranging from ages 5 to 18. College level includes students who have completed high school and are pursuing higher education, typically ranging from ages 18 and above.

How does the curriculum differ between grade K-12 and college level?

The curriculum in grade K-12 focuses on a wide range of subjects and is designed to provide a well-rounded education to students. In college level, the curriculum is more specialized and focuses on a specific field of study chosen by the student.

How do teaching methods vary between grade K-12 and college level?

In grade K-12, teaching methods are often more hands-on and interactive, with a focus on engaging students of different learning styles. In college level, teaching methods typically involve more independent learning and critical thinking, with lectures and discussions being the primary mode of instruction.

What are the major challenges students face when transitioning from grade K-12 to college level?

One of the major challenges students face when transitioning from grade K-12 to college level is the increased level of independence and responsibility. In college, students are expected to manage their own schedules and workload, which can be difficult for those who are used to a more structured environment in grade K-12.

What skills are necessary for success in grade K-12 and college level?

In grade K-12, basic academic skills such as reading, writing, and math are essential for success. In college level, students also need strong critical thinking, time management, and communication skills to excel in their studies and prepare for their future careers.