1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Some help if possible.

1. Nov 11, 2007 #1
    Hey. I have 2 questions i'm having a bit of trouble with, here they are:

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 11, 2007 #2

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

You need to show some work to get help in this forum.

Show me some calculations or thoughts on the problem, so I am able to know more of what exactly is stumping you.

4. Nov 11, 2007 #3
    Well for both questions I am unfamiliar with the forumla required to work out the answer.

5. Nov 11, 2007 #4

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I'm sorry if I sound mean, I am not trying to. I can give you the formulas but you can look those up yourself easily enough. Do you want someone else to look up the formulas for you? This falls under the category of doing the work for you, which we do not do here.

You have definitely discussed the relationship between power and energy if you are talking about photons and the photoelectric effect. Also, the relationship needed in the second question is definitely discussed in the photoelectric effect section of your text.

All I am saying is that you haven't even given any of your own thoughts on the problem, nor even tried listing the formulas and relationships involved. This is not the way to get help here. You have to show some independent thought and effort. Those are the rules.

So here's my suggestion. If you haven't yet, read the section in the text that covers the material involved in these problems. After you have done that, then at least give me some thoughts on the problem. Give me some effort. Tell me what formulas or concepts you THINK are involved, etc. You must know something about the concepts and relationships involved here.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?