Some help on a Slip on gearbox

• Thread starter GGoOrz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Slip
In summary, a slip on gearbox is a type of gearbox that is easily attached to a motor or engine without the use of bolts or screws. It works by using friction to grip onto the motor's shaft and allows for easy installation and removal. The main advantages include time and effort saved during installation and quick maintenance and repairs. However, it may not be suitable for heavy-duty applications and compatibility with different types of motors should be checked before use.
GGoOrz
Hi guys,

this is a question from one of the subject I'm studying, I find some of them are pretty hard...
(tried to answer them but still seem wrong, except Q1)
Here is the question!
950_3tb_131103133722ivqs519456.png

950_3tb_131103133724arwo519456.png

Thanks for the help if you have the time to help me with my questions^^
cheers!

Attachments

• 950_3tb_131103133722ivqs519456.png
    950_3tb_131103133722ivqs519456.png
    4 KB · Views: 404
  • 950_3tb_131103133724arwo519456.png
    950_3tb_131103133724arwo519456.png
    4 KB · Views: 365
Engineering news on Phys.org
You should provide your answers so that folks can help you figure it out, rather than tell you.

dw about it anymore...i figured them out! tks anyway

1. What is a slip on gearbox?

A slip on gearbox is a type of gearbox that is attached to a motor or engine without the use of bolts or screws. It is designed to be easily installed and removed without the need for complicated mounting procedures.

2. How does a slip on gearbox work?

A slip on gearbox works by using friction to grip onto the motor or engine's shaft. This allows the gearbox to transfer power from the motor to the driven component, such as a conveyor belt or a pump.

3. What are the advantages of using a slip on gearbox?

One of the main advantages of using a slip on gearbox is its ease of installation. It eliminates the need for drilling and tapping holes, saving time and effort. It also allows for quick removal and replacement, making maintenance and repairs easier.

4. Are there any limitations to using a slip on gearbox?

While slip on gearboxes are convenient and easy to use, they may not be suitable for heavy-duty applications. They are best suited for light to medium duty operations and may not provide enough torque for heavier loads.

5. Can a slip on gearbox be used with any type of motor?

Slip on gearboxes are designed to be used with standard motors that have a round or keyed shaft. They may not be compatible with motors that have a different shaft shape or size. It is important to check the specifications and compatibility before using a slip on gearbox.