Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Some in U.S. voting with their feet

1. Feb 6, 2005 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://iht.com/bin/print_ipub.php?file=/articles/2005/02/06/news/refuge.html

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 6, 2005 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Approximately 45-50 million people did not vote for either Bush or Kerry, and they just didn't vote.

Bush only got about 36% of the elligible vote.

It does not help to walk or run away from a problem. One must take a stand and do one's best to change the system for the better.

4. Feb 7, 2005 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You have a long battle ahead. For us, there is the reality of time.

I would start by making sure that every student who graduates from high school has a clear understanding of, and due respect for the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. When everyone understands that these alone define everything the US has ever been, then you will have a beginning.

5. Feb 7, 2005 #4
    How about those kids who are swearing in? They take an oath to support and defend the constitution but they never read it?!?:uhh:

Instead, they just take orders. Sad and dangerous!

Any thoughts on the Iran invasion?

6. Feb 7, 2005 #5

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I try not to think about it.

7. Feb 7, 2005 #6

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Really glad to hear people voting with their feet and caring that much !

8. Feb 7, 2005 #7

Curious3141

Homework Helper

If your leader can talk with his arse, people can vote with their feet ! :rofl:

9. Feb 7, 2005 #8
    I guess that is simpler than leading a campaign for change.

10. Feb 7, 2005 #9
    I would never just leave the US; well, until my right to a fair and speedy trial was removed. Which it was. Did the supreme court do enough to stop what bush/ashcroft started? They certainly didn't do it fast enough.

Some of the things the bush administration has done are just so obviously immoral. How much of my taxes are spent on those things? How responsible does that make me? I also believe the US does good things, so leaving would make me not a part of those things too. Is it worth it?

Hard questions.

11. Feb 7, 2005 #10
    Actually per, I am too british(german, scotish, irish, and with a dash of cherokee) to really stand for any of it!!! :grumpy:

I'm ready and willing, arh ya willing ta organise ladd?!?

Thar blud shall bu sufficiant price if ya knaw what I meen??? :bugeye:

Theeese pansies frum Da Ca shuld paey thu priece! :tongue2:

Thay havn't rally leeved ef ya knaw whut eye meen! Thyme ta teech thum a lusson! :rofl:

Phuk'm,so thay tall thu c'mmun man! Thyme to geeve thum a taeste uv thar uwn meducene! :rofl:

(I'm only abiding by the Jeffersonian mandate!)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2005
  12. Feb 8, 2005 #11

PerennialII

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

1st read was a bit :confused: and the 2nd was :biggrin: ... shouldn't think when reading.

13. Feb 8, 2005 #12
    That was my best or worst imititation of a priate of sorts, I guess!:biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?