Short Story to Talk About in 7 Minutes

• Thread starter Omid
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of finding a short text to discuss in class. The speaker suggests using the internet to research a topic of interest and to avoid plagiarism. A specific topic suggestion is given - the impact of the internet on academics - and resources such as Google and Wikipedia are recommended. The conversation ends with a playful remark about having too many solutions.
Omid
I need a short text which I can take it to class and talk about it. It must be short enough to take just 7 minutes to tell all of it.
It can be about anything, science, diplomacy, ...

Physics news on Phys.org
Omid, I am ashamed of you!

With a tool like the internet at your fingertips you ask someone here to give you something to talk about?

If you don't have encyclopedias, go to google.com and type in a topic you are interested in, you will find much more than 7 minutes of information. Don't plagiarize, read information from different sources then write your own conclusion.

A great topic would be what the internet has done for academics. Places like Physics Forums where people can meet to share information and learn.

Evo said:
If you don't have encyclopedias, go to google.com and type in a topic you are interested in, you will find much more than 7 minutes of information.

wikipedia.com is also a good place to go.

Evo said:
Omid, I am ashamed of you!

With a tool like the internet at your fingertips you ask someone here to give you something to talk about?

Havin too many solutions is the same as having no solution :biggrin:
Thanks for the link, it is a good help.

1. What is a short story to talk about in 7 minutes?

A short story to talk about in 7 minutes is a brief narrative that can be presented and discussed within a time frame of 7 minutes. It should have a clear beginning, middle, and end, and should be concise and engaging enough to capture and maintain the audience's attention within the given time limit.

2. How do I choose a short story to talk about in 7 minutes?

When choosing a short story to talk about in 7 minutes, consider the following factors: the length of the story, its relevance to your audience, and the message you want to convey. Look for stories that are concise, impactful, and have a clear moral or lesson that you can discuss in the allotted time.

3. How do I structure my talk around a short story?

To structure your talk around a short story, start with an attention-grabbing introduction that sets the stage for the story. Then, present the story in a clear and concise manner, highlighting key events and characters. After the story, take a few moments to discuss the moral or message of the story and how it relates to your audience. Finally, conclude your talk with a strong closing that ties the story back to your main message.

4. How can I make my talk about a short story more engaging?

To make your talk about a short story more engaging, try to incorporate visual aids, such as pictures or videos, to help bring the story to life. You can also ask thought-provoking questions or encourage audience participation to keep them engaged. Additionally, use a variety of vocal tones and body language to add emphasis and emotions to your storytelling.

5. What are some common mistakes to avoid when talking about a short story in 7 minutes?

Some common mistakes to avoid when talking about a short story in 7 minutes include going over the time limit, not practicing your talk beforehand, and not engaging with the audience. It's also important to not rush through the story and to give enough context and background information to help the audience understand and connect with the story. Lastly, avoid using too many technical terms or jargon that may confuse or alienate your audience.