Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Some more advertisements (related to marketing and advertising)

1. Sep 15, 2005 #1
    Why are advertisements important to the economy?
    Why are there advertisements on TV?
    Why are there different advertisements relating to difference target audiences in different channels?
    When was advertising on TV first made?
    Is there anything that effects the frequency of advertisements on TV? (i.e some advertisements seem to appear more than others)
    Does the length of the advertisement relate to cost in anyway?
    What are the superbowl advertisements and why do people pay so much for them? Why are these advertisements unique?
    Does Little Caesars pizza still advertise on TV?
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 15, 2005 #2
    ps , thank you
  4. Sep 15, 2005 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Is this a survey or our homework? If its your homework, please provvide on some answers for the questions.
  5. Sep 15, 2005 #4
    damn it, no its not homework . It's my fasination with life.questions ive always wanted answered, instead I get the response "Is it homework"?
  6. Sep 15, 2005 #5
    I made up the questions and I don't know the answers to them. See my other questions on the universe
  7. Sep 15, 2005 #6

Gold Member

Ok i think all but 2 of those questions are incredibly self-explanatory or common sense...
  8. Sep 15, 2005 #7
    Edit: Nevermind I only read the first 2 or so when I said that. They're all stupid.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2005
  9. Sep 15, 2005 #8
    I'll answer these ones:
    Yes. 30 second adds are more than 15 second adds and less than 60 second ads.
    Superbowl ads are ads during the superbowl, people pay a lot because so many people watch the superbowl and they're unique because they're during the superbowl...

Okay screw this, this is definitely homework, it's just stupid.
  10. Sep 16, 2005 #9

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Dissemination of information ---> "I didn't know I needed one of these, now I do."
    Popular medium ---> lower "per view" cost of advertising.
    No idea, although it can't be too long after regular TV programs were started.
    Good question.
    Sure, it's usually priced on a per "time unit" basis (e.g. per second, per minute).
    Those are the ads that appear during the broadcasting of superbowl matches. Since viewership is higher (more audience), total amount per time slot is also higher. Think of it as a high-price auction. The winning price will go almost as high as the highest valuation that any advertiser places on that time slot.
    So the viewers can remember the product??? (Just guessing.)
    Not sure, haven't seen it for a while now, but then I haven't been watching much TV lately.
  11. Sep 19, 2005 #10
    Thank you.
  12. Sep 19, 2005 #11
    My point was, why the hell do they need to advertise on TV or advertise at all? It doesn't make any sense to me. No one really answered this question, and instead of saying "its stupid" and "its my homework' (Which it isnt) people just say this is stupid and dont bother to answer it. Thats just BS. I do thank the one helpful response, though.
  13. Sep 19, 2005 #12
    I am 17, and I couldl not find these answers anywhere. Jeez.
  14. Sep 19, 2005 #13

Staff: Mentor

This was homework. Puhlease. :rolleyes:

EnumaElish, please do not answer these types of homework questions anymore, we have rules against it. I would have pm'd you, but you have that blocked. I suggest you un-block.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2005
  15. Sep 20, 2005 #14
    Advertising products to satify the various needs of both the sellers and the buyers.
  16. Sep 20, 2005 #15

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Had I known this was HW I wouldn't have; and I will not.
    It is no longer blocked. (My PM block is over! I can PM, and pages of it! Evo's Manual for Creative Authors really works! Well worth its price! Highly recommend! :smile: )
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?