Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Some people just don't get it

1. Sep 3, 2005 #1

The look on Chris Tucker's face is priceless.....nobody had any idea what to say after that....
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 3, 2005 #2

Gold Member

Where the heck did that come from? And what was Mike Myers doing there? I think you've been had, that looked like a comedy sketch to me.
  4. Sep 3, 2005 #3
    You think it was a joke? :confused: let's get real here....people don't joke about things like this. Think about it for a second... :rolleyes:
  5. Sep 3, 2005 #4
  6. Sep 3, 2005 #5
    That's not Chris Tucker? :confused:

Look again...here is the guy from the video right next to another picture of Chris Tucker....

I don't see how that artical supports you opinion that that is not Chris Tucker..

7. Sep 3, 2005 #6
  8. Sep 3, 2005 #7
    Just to keep score so far I posted a video of some actors and rappers, musicians making a video to help raise money for the red cross and the responses have been (paraphrasing of course)

1. You have been had...that is a comedy skit

2. That is not Chris Tucker...go read some random article about the NO. Then edited out the Chris Tucker part.

I wonder what response I will get next.....I suppose this should be in politics forum but I would have never guessed anyone would actually take that guy serious enough to try and defend him.

You people never cease to amaze me...
  9. Sep 3, 2005 #8

Staff: Mentor

For some reason, the video does not run on my PCs, to I can't see it.

I have heard that Kayne blasted Bush for the delay in disaster relief and assistance, basically claiming Bush doesn't care about blacks. Of course, that is unfair criticism of Bush.

The camera apparently switched to Rock, who was probably in shock.
  10. Sep 3, 2005 #9
    That is the video....and you seem to understand what happened pretty well. I posted a pic of Mr. Tuckers expression...priceless.....
  11. Sep 3, 2005 #10
    First of all, I mistakenly thought that you thought the guy who said "George Bush doesn't care about black people" was Chris Tucker.

Second, that article shows that what Kanye said does have some merit, and isn't something random and absurd.
  12. Sep 3, 2005 #11

Staff: Mentor

And that is total nonsense.

The system is what it is, and I am quite sure if Kerry was president, the same thing would have happened.

The system failed, and we have to learn why it failed, and how to prevent future failures.
  13. Sep 3, 2005 #12
    What changed your mind?
  14. Sep 3, 2005 #13
    By the way, I'm not supporting what he's saying; I was trying only to explain the incongruity.

*I saw the end of the video. :smile:
  15. Sep 3, 2005 #14
    I never said it was absurd. I never implied it was absurd. I never thought it was absurd.

Looking at that article and especially the part you quoted I cannot see how that article gives Kanye any kind of merit. It just says that he said that....

So if I say, "Kerry does not care about black people" and then Reuters reports that I said that then it gives my statement some kind of merit? I don't get it...
  16. Sep 3, 2005 #15
    So the reason that you said, "that is not Chris Tucker" is because you never bothered to watch the whole video before you responded? Ok, got it.... :smile:
  17. Sep 3, 2005 #16
    That video sure as hell portrayed it to be absurd. Had I not read that article, I would have no clue where Kanye was coming from.

Also, this makes it seem as if "nobody had any idea what to say" in reponse to "the look on [his] face." So, yeah, that confused me, too.
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2005
  18. Sep 3, 2005 #17

Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I was watching and about 3/4 the way in, i was thinking "Is townsend insane.... thats not chris tucker.. and this isnt funny...." but then, ahahahaha boom, hilarious! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  19. Sep 3, 2005 #18
    I found Mike Myers funny too. When Kanye talks about the Red Cross, he is nodding, suddenly when Kanye begins to go on the tirade, Mike jerks his head around and stares at him.
  20. Sep 3, 2005 #19

Gold Member

Yeah, I happened to see that this morning when it reaired. They cut out the not caring about black people part but left the rest of it in.
  21. Sep 3, 2005 #20

Gold Member

This was a red cross fundraiser right?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?