Some people just don't get it

  • Thread starter Townsend
  • Start date
  • #1
Townsend
221
0
http://media.putfile.com/Kanye79

The look on Chris Tucker's face is priceless.....nobody had any idea what to say after that....
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

  • #2
jma2001
Gold Member
90
0
Where the heck did that come from? And what was Mike Myers doing there? I think you've been had, that looked like a comedy sketch to me.
 
  • #3
Townsend
221
0
jma2001 said:
Where the heck did that come from? And what was Mike Myers doing there? I think you've been had, that looked like a comedy sketch to me.

You think it was a joke? :confused: let's get real here....people don't joke about things like this. Think about it for a second... :rolleyes:
 
  • #5
Townsend
221
0
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #6
Townsend
221
0
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #7
Townsend
221
0
Just to keep score so far I posted a video of some actors and rappers, musicians making a video to help raise money for the red cross and the responses have been (paraphrasing of course)

1. You have been had...that is a comedy skit

2. That is not Chris Tucker...go read some random article about the NO. Then edited out the Chris Tucker part.

I wonder what response I will get next.....I suppose this should be in politics forum but I would have never guessed anyone would actually take that guy serious enough to try and defend him.

You people never cease to amaze me...
 
  • #8
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
20,589
4,542
For some reason, the video does not run on my PCs, to I can't see it.

I have heard that Kayne blasted Bush for the delay in disaster relief and assistance, basically claiming Bush doesn't care about blacks. Of course, that is unfair criticism of Bush.

The camera apparently switched to Rock, who was probably in shock.
 
  • #9
Townsend
221
0
Astronuc said:
For some reason, the video does not run on my PCs, to I can't see it.

I have heard that Kayne blasted Bush for the delay in disaster relief and assistance, basically claiming Bush doesn't care about blacks. Of course, that is unfair criticism of Bush.

The camera apparently switched to Rock, who was probably in shock.

That is the video....and you seem to understand what happened pretty well. I posted a pic of Mr. Tuckers expression...priceless.....
 
  • #10
Knavish
114
1
First of all, I mistakenly thought that you thought the guy who said "George Bush doesn't care about black people" was Chris Tucker.

Second, that article shows that what Kanye said does have some merit, and isn't something random and absurd.
The political ramifications might last longer, with widespread criticism of the government's relief work and suggestions that Washington would have moved much quicker if it were rich whites in danger.

"George Bush doesn't care about black people," black rapper Kanye West alleged during an NBC benefit concert on Friday night for Hurricane Katrina victims.
 
  • #11
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
20,589
4,542
The political ramifications might last longer, with widespread criticism of the government's relief work and suggestions that Washington would have moved much quicker if it were rich whites in danger.

"George Bush doesn't care about black people," black rapper Kanye West alleged during an NBC benefit concert on Friday night for Hurricane Katrina victims.
And that is total nonsense.

The system is what it is, and I am quite sure if Kerry was president, the same thing would have happened.

The system failed, and we have to learn why it failed, and how to prevent future failures.
 
  • #12
Townsend
221
0
Knavish said:
First of all, I mistakenly thought that you thought the guy who said "George Bush doesn't care about black people" was Chris Tucker.

What changed your mind?
 
  • #13
Knavish
114
1
By the way, I'm not supporting what he's saying; I was trying only to explain the incongruity.

*I saw the end of the video. :smile:
 
  • #14
Townsend
221
0
Knavish said:
Second, that article shows that what Kanye said does have some merit, and isn't something random and absurd.

I never said it was absurd. I never implied it was absurd. I never thought it was absurd.

Looking at that article and especially the part you quoted I cannot see how that article gives Kanye any kind of merit. It just says that he said that....

So if I say, "Kerry does not care about black people" and then Reuters reports that I said that then it gives my statement some kind of merit? I don't get it...
 
  • #15
Townsend
221
0
Knavish said:
*I saw the end of the video.

So the reason that you said, "that is not Chris Tucker" is because you never bothered to watch the whole video before you responded? Ok, got it.... :smile:
 
  • #16
Knavish
114
1
That video sure as hell portrayed it to be absurd. Had I not read that article, I would have no clue where Kanye was coming from.

Townsend said:
The look on Chris Tucker's face is priceless.....nobody had any idea what to say after that....
Also, this makes it seem as if "nobody had any idea what to say" in reponse to "the look on [his] face." So, yeah, that confused me, too.
 
Last edited:
  • #17
Pengwuino
Gold Member
5,009
17
Townsend said:
http://media.putfile.com/Kanye79

The look on Chris Tucker's face is priceless.....nobody had any idea what to say after that....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I was watching and about 3/4 the way in, i was thinking "Is townsend insane.... thats not chris tucker.. and this isnt funny...." but then, ahahahaha boom, hilarious! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • #18
klusener
58
0
I found Mike Myers funny too. When Kanye talks about the Red Cross, he is nodding, suddenly when Kanye begins to go on the tirade, Mike jerks his head around and stares at him.
 
  • #19
honestrosewater
Gold Member
2,132
5
Yeah, I happened to see that this morning when it reaired. They cut out the not caring about black people part but left the rest of it in.
 
  • #20
Pengwuino
Gold Member
5,009
17
This was a red cross fundraiser right?
 
  • #21
honestrosewater
Gold Member
2,132
5
Yeah, what's it to ya? [um, we don't have the right smiley for this one.]
 
  • #22
Pengwuino
Gold Member
5,009
17
honestrosewater said:
Yeah, what's it to ya? [um, we don't have the right smiley for this one.]

What, I cant even ask a question anymore? huh? HUH? Thats it...

*pulls out his samuri sword*
 
  • #23
honestrosewater
Gold Member
2,132
5
Meh, my Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie has been upgraded to protect me from Samurai. :tongue2: But since you don't have one... *sends out electromagnetic psychotronic mind control carriers* That's right, you're a shih tzu. yap yap
 
  • #24
Pengwuino
Gold Member
5,009
17
*stiffens up*

Yes master. Your wish is my command.
 
  • #25
honestrosewater
Gold Member
2,132
5
Pengwuino said:
*stiffens up*

Yes master. Your wish is my command.
One word: Pedicure. :biggrin:

I will just lay back, relax, and remove my beanie now...
 
  • #26
TheStatutoryApe
203
4
honestrosewater said:
Meh, my Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanie has been upgraded to protect me from Samurai. :tongue2: But since you don't have one... *sends out electromagnetic psychotronic mind control carriers* That's right, you're a shih tzu. yap yap
But is the shiny side in or out?
 
  • #27
Pengwuino
Gold Member
5,009
17
honestrosewater said:
One word: Pedicure. :biggrin:

*brain registers Pedicure as pre-implanted Kill Word* *proceeds to commit suicide*
 
  • #28
honestrosewater
Gold Member
2,132
5
TheStatutoryApe said:
But is the shiny side in or out?
Oh, silly me, I had it backwards the whole time. I guess someone else was controlling both me and Pengwuino!

I wonder who it could've been... :uhh:
 
  • #29
outsider
24
0
that video was of canadian comedian mike myers (best known for Austin Powers and Wayne's World) standing with rapper kanye west for a red cross benefit concert.

i read the article on reuters article and it was not kanye west, but reuters who said:
The political ramifications might last longer, with widespread criticism of the government's relief work and suggestions that Washington would have moved much quicker if it were rich whites in danger.

"George Bush doesn't care about black people," black rapper Kanye West alleged during an NBC benefit concert on Friday night for Hurricane Katrina victims.
it then quotes kanye west:
"George Bush doesn't care about black people," black rapper Kanye West alleged during an NBC benefit concert on Friday night for Hurricane Katrina victims
I saw this on TV and was not impressed with what kanye west said, although my opinion is of the same... it's just that his statement was inflamatory and encourages black people to act or speak out in an ignorant fashion... not a great example... but he is known to be contraversial.

The other black person at the end of the video was chris TUCKER, not ROCK... he had a strange face on for a second, but that could have been for any number of reasons if you've ever been at a live taping of anything. Townsend chose to view it how he wished to entertain everyone... well, I found you more entertaining to be quite honest...

general discussion... sure... when jma2001 thought it was a comedy sketch you shot him down with authority...
You think it was a joke? let's get real here....people don't joke about things like this. Think about it for a second...
if mike myers AND chris tucker were in it, it is quite possible that it was a comedy sketch... in bad taste, but certainly possible... why not just educate jma2001 instead of slamming the guy? especially if it's general discussion.... errr, yeah right.

Then you have to be ultra mature and say:
So the reason that you said, "that is not Chris Tucker" is because you never bothered to watch the whole video before you responded? Ok, got it.... So the reason that you said, "that is not Chris Tucker" is because you never bothered to watch the whole video before you responded? Ok, got it....
so your point now is to slam knavish...
well, i won't even comment about Astronuc's response about how it was the system and not GWB cuz any objective person can see how utterly ridiculous his post is.... but i will say this... you are clearly dishonest about your intentions to post this in GD. Don't even deny it... the title for this thread is "some people just don't get it"... what is that supposed to mean? if you really want to discuss it, then come out with it...
 
Last edited:
  • #30
Townsend
221
0
outsider said:
t... you are clearly dishonest about your intentions to post this in GD. Don't even deny it... the title for this thread is "some people just don't get it"... what is that supposed to mean? if you really want to discuss it, then come out with it...

I actually saw this video posted in another forum that also has a general discussion area connected with a politics forum. It seemed to me everyone there thought it was pretty funny and so I wanted to share it with the people here. I figured they might find it funny too.

I had no idea that people would actually think I had a motive to be political or that people would take what was said seriously. I definitely didn't think that someone would try to tell me that I was had... :rolleyes:

I don't think me taking a defensive position against people who want to attack me is unjustified. From what I could understand those people were looking to slam me and I got a tad bit defensive......so sue me. :devil:

And I think the part where you said "clearly your intentions are..." is clearly in doubt if not completely false. I know it is false but since I cannot find a link to a bbc report that says it's false I guess it's just my opinion.

And you are clearly trying to slam me, what for?
 
Last edited:
  • #31
Pengwuino
Gold Member
5,009
17
outsider said:
The other black person at the end of the video was chris TUCKER, not ROCK... he had a strange face on for a second, but that could have been for any number of reasons if you've ever been at a live taping of anything. Townsend chose to view it how he wished to entertain everyone... well, I found you more entertaining to be quite honest...

I think it was quite obvious that his facial expression was because of what he said along with Myers. I'm going to review the video but I remember them both having a "what the hell did he just say???" look. Myers also seems like he was not in on what that rapper was saying. After Kayne's or whatever's first part, Myers continues and theres a noticable delay with that deep breath. Now 50/50 chance as to its a breath to prepare for myers' part of the speech or a breath as in like "uhmmmmmmm" and just tryen to get the subject back to the red cross. I take it as the latter because thats just how his expressions seemed to have come off.

Tucker's reaction is a little difficult because his expression could easily have been the expression of someone who has been 'cut to' without warning and maybe he wasn't sure what was going on.

outsider said:
Don't even deny it... the title for this thread is "some people just don't get it"... what is that supposed to mean? if you really want to discuss it, then come out with it...

It was just a title. Hell, everyone got all worked up when I put up that thread called "I want to kill everyone here". People just read too much into title threads :rolleyes: :rolleyes: jk though, i love these weirdos.
 
  • #32
outsider
24
0
Townsend said:
I actually saw this video posted in another forum that also has a general discussion area connected with a politics forum. It seemed to me everyone there thought it was pretty funny and so I wanted to share it with the people here. I figured they might find it funny too.

I had no idea that people would actually think I had a motive to be political or that people would take what was said seriously. I definitely didn't think that someone would try to tell me that I was had... :rolleyes:

I don't think me taking a defensive position against people who want to attack me is unjustified. From what I could understand those people were looking to slam me and I got a tad bit defensive......so sue me. :devil:

And I think the part where you said "clearly your intentions are..." is clearly in doubt if not completely false. I know it is false but since I cannot find a link to a bbc report that says it's false I guess it's just my opinion.

And you are clearly trying to slam me, what for?
you haven't explained the title of this thread... so i will refrain from answering any of your questions... if you answer the questions honestly, then you will have the answers to your own questions. :devil:
 
  • #33
Townsend
221
0
The point of the title of the thread is that Mr. West does not get it. He was suppose to be there to raise money for the red cross, not to make a political statement. He used the opportunity to make a political statement and likely caused some people to turn away from donating. I am certain that Mr. Meyers also had a political point of view, and I bet Mr. Tucker did too. Why were they not there going off on how they felt about politics in the world? Heck, why not just have every celebrity at every fund raising event stand up and make their views known to the world...

I thought that it was transparently clear to anyone, also from the expressions on Mr Meyers face and on Mr. Tuckers face, that this was for raising money to help the victims of hurricane Katrina and not for politics. It was not the time or the place for him to make that kind of statement. I could careless what he thinks and I could careless what most celebrities think and I don't like it when they use their celebrity status take political pop shots when it's not prudent.

So like the thread of the title says and the purpose of the video being posted and the reason it was funny. "Some people just don't get it."
 
Last edited:
  • #34
outsider
24
0
Pengwuino said:
I think it was quite obvious that his facial expression was because of what he said along with Myers. I'm going to review the video but I remember them both having a "what the hell did he just say???" look. Myers also seems like he was not in on what that rapper was saying. After Kayne's or whatever's first part, Myers continues and theres a noticable delay with that deep breath. Now 50/50 chance as to its a breath to prepare for myers' part of the speech or a breath as in like "uhmmmmmmm" and just tryen to get the subject back to the red cross. I take it as the latter because thats just how his expressions seemed to have come off.
so it does have to do with perception. When a white guy drives down the street in a luxury vehicle, no one thinks anything of it... but when a black guy drives down the street in a nice car, there comes a certain set of thoughts... I am guilty too... and it all has to do with what we choose to see. I think you guys chose to see this video in a certain light and put your personal spin on it... subtle, but unfair. Again, you say that it is a judgement call... and so townsends judgement was pretty clear and disallowed for another persons perception... c'mon, if i didn't see it on the news myself, i might even think of it as a comedy act... hell, at 8:10am on 9/11, I saw what looked like a movie on CNN... i was in disbelief myself...
Tucker's reaction is a little difficult because his expression could easily have been the expression of someone who has been 'cut to' without warning and maybe he wasn't sure what was going on.
exactly... you see this kinda stuff all the time.

It was just a title. Hell, everyone got all worked up when I put up that thread called "I want to kill everyone here". People just read too much into title threads :rolleyes: :rolleyes: jk though, i love these weirdos.
i disagree... especially in this case, it is obvious that he was making fun of someone... who was it that he was making fun of? And for what reason? Some people just like to act all nonchalant after being put to shame... Oh, I MEANT to do that :rolleyes: Or when racist jokes go around an office and they say... oh, it was just an innocent joke... don't be so sensitive....

yeah, maybe i'm a weirdo because I'm not compromised. You are defending a loser for whatever reason you chose to... and you're so weak that you throw in a jk... whatever you say cuz the jokes on you... Rope towers. You'd rather fit in than to believe the weirdo who built an ark to save the earth. IMO, Sucks to be you dude. it really does...

back to the thread... apparently, what kanye west said was not in the script... which probably lead mike myers to the look on his face. kanye west is known to say whatever is on his mind no matter how contraversial it may be. i don't think it was wise of him to say that... but the actions (or lack thereof) of the bush administration certainly give him justification for his opinion.

Pengwuino, here's some advice... just stick to defending yourself... defending others may only compromise your own credibility.
 
  • #35
outsider
24
0
Townsend said:
The point of the title of the thread is that Mr. West does not get it. He was suppose to be there to raise money for the red cross, not to make a political statement. He used the opportunity to make a political statement and likely caused some people to turn away from donating. I am certain that Mr. Meyers also had a political point of view, and I bet Mr. Tucker did too. Why were they not there going off on how they felt about politics in the world? Heck, why not just have every celebrity at every fund raising event stand up and make their views known to the world...

I thought that it was transparently clear to anyone, also from the expressions on Mr Meyers face and on Mr. Tuckers face, that this was for raising money to help the victims of hurricane Katrina and not for politics. It was not the time or the place for him to make that kind of statement. I could careless what he thinks and I could careless what most celebrities think and I don't like it when they use their celebrity statues take political pop shots when it's not prudent.
i don't know what statues you are talking about... but i doubt you are a prudent type of individual to be judging what is and isn't prudent. kanye west obviously capitalized on this opportunity to make a political statement. as i said before, i don't agree with it and perhaps it was in bad taste... nonetheless, due to the delayed reactions of the administration, he is justified in his opinion.
So like the thread of the title says and the purpose of the video being posted and the reason it was funny. "Some people just don't get it."
so you do admit that you were slamming someone for their beliefs. which is why i confronted you in placing it in GD. I questioned your motives as you only allowed for one interpretation of the video... if you wanted to make a stance about how he didn't get it, you should've made it apparent rather than beating around the bush about it... just shows your cowardice. :devil: A coward dies a million lives... a soldier dies once.
 

Suggested for: Some people just don't get it

  • Last Post
Replies
10
Views
3K
  • Last Post
Replies
19
Views
3K
Replies
1
Views
2K
Replies
22
Views
17K
  • Last Post
Replies
19
Views
2K
  • Last Post
Replies
28
Views
4K
Replies
17
Views
3K
Replies
44
Views
6K
Replies
4
Views
974
  • Last Post
Replies
1
Views
810
Top