1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Some Physics Research Ideas

1. Dec 14, 2004 #1
    I just joined a classs that I didn't even know existed at my school until today. It is called science research, and basically you meet once a week with the class, and it is all independent research, you pick a topic and research it and present to the class and then enter science fairs and other stuff.. Well I have a huge interested in physics, but it is very general and for this class I need to come up with a specific object that can be researched over the course of the year and into next.. Does anyone have ideas on possible subjects to research?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 14, 2004 #2
    What level are we talking about here.. high school?

4. Dec 14, 2004 #3
    thanks..

I am just looking for ideas.. I never said I would choose the first topic some one lists, but if you guys could give me a few ideas it would help me formulate my own area of reasearch.. I am just a little confused as to what to pick..

5. Dec 14, 2004 #4
    Well, it would be nice to know what level of research you are looking for before we just throw a list of topics at you - there are way too many topics for us to list, so if you can narrow things down a bit maybe we can go somewhere.

6. Dec 15, 2004 #5
    Pretty much it can be any reasearch on anything science and it can get as indepth as I want it too..

I have decided on researching aerogels though. I first am attempting to make them, for those of you who know about them, I can make the alcogel but the supercritical extractions are a bit tricky. Once I have them made though, I am reasearching possible uses for them and also less expensive ways to produce them in large quantities...

7. Jan 4, 2010 #6
    i am also doing a research...could you recommend any topic for me to do...?... i have been researching for topics but i can't decide on what topic i should prefer...

8. Jan 4, 2010 #7

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2015 Award

Why doesn't anyone want to answer the question what level is this for?

9. Jan 4, 2010 #8
    i am currently in my senior year in physics... i'm from the philippines.. a simple topic will do because we only have at most 3 months to do the experiment or the research....

10. Jan 4, 2010 #9

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2015 Award

High school? College?

11. Jan 5, 2010 #10
    college...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?