1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Some questions about Thesis

Tags:
  1. Nov 18, 2015 #1
    Hello to all,

I am a Physics Undergrad and I recently started writing my Thesis. Of course as soon as I stared typing I noticed that the layout of the text like the font I use or the size of the characters are to be noticed since it's an official document; so I looked it up and found some guidelines online.
    I am curious to read any comments or perhaps some advice from those who have also written a dissertation by the European standards.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 18, 2015 #2

f95toli

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

There is no standard when it comes to the formatting of a thesis. Some universities have templates you can use, but most do not. That said, they might have rules about how to cite sources so that is something you should check.
    If you are using Latex there are various templates you can download and some of them are quite good.

You should ask someone at your university.

4. Nov 18, 2015 #3

DrClaude

Staff: Mentor

Many universities have templates available. If your university doesn't, I suggest looking at other universities in your country.

In the absence of any rules, legibility is the most important. Choose a nice serif font, 12 pt, and use a wide enough margins.

5. Nov 18, 2015 #4
    Thank you!

6. Nov 18, 2015 #5
    Yes it is true legibility comes first! Thanks for answering :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook