1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Some quick Forces Questions

1. Sep 18, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

A) If a non-zero net force acts on an object, the object's velocity will change.
    B) If a non-zero net force acts on an object, the object's speed will change.
    C) A bicycle initially moving at a constant velocity will slow down unless a small net force is applied.
    D) If two objects are under the influence of equal forces, they have the same acceleration.
    E) During the collision of a car with a large truck, the truck exerts an equal size force on the car as the car exerts on the truck.
    F) The net force which acts on an object which maintains a constant velocity is zero.

3. The attempt at a solution

Ok so I need to say if they are true or false.
    Im getting the problem wrong but im not sure on which part.

TTFFTT

A)T
    B)T
    C)F (im asuming there is no friction, but im not sure if I can do that)
    D)F (no because they could have different mass)
    E)T (equal and opposite reaction)
    F)T

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 18, 2009 #2

Doc Al

Staff: Mentor

Hint: Velocity has both speed and direction. Either speed or direction or both can change as a result of an applied force. (See if you can think of an example of each possibility.)

4. Sep 18, 2009 #3
    Thanks for that hint I got it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook