How can I use information to draw a graph for trigonometric functions?

In summary, the conversation discusses how to draw the graph of equations in the form of y = A sin(Bx+C)+K. The variables A, B, C, and K are explained and it is mentioned that the period can be obtained from B. It is suggested to use critical points to draw the graph and the conversation also mentions obtaining an answer to the first two or three questions through Yahoo answers. The conversation concludes with a discussion on how to use transformations to draw the graph.
wajed
1:...
2:...
3:...

4:
Y = A cos(Bx+C)+K
Y = A sin(Bx+C)+K
I know what A,B,C, and K mean.. and I Also understand that I can get the Period from B..
but, how can I use the information to draw the graph?
I think I should use critical points, right? If so, what should I typically use?

I dunno, I may face more problems, so I`m going to post as soon as I face anything..

Thank you in advance,

Edit:
well, I got an answer to the first two\three questions through Yahoo answers, but I still need an answer to the fourth one, please?

-
--
---
EDIT2:
Actually I think I could figure out how to draw the graph.. so thank you all,

I think the topic should be closed.. (I got no more questions)

Last edited:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Do you know that the standard y = sin x and y = cos x graphs look like? If so, then you just need to apply a set of transformations to obtain the graphs in 4.

First consider the case where K=0, C=0 and B=1, so we have the graph of y = A sin x.

How will this compare to the graph of y = sin x? We know that 'A' affects the amplitude of the graph. The standard graph has an amplitude of 1 unit. If we multply it by 'A', the new amplitude will be 'A'. So on a graph it will be very similar to the standard graph, with the difference being that instead of reaching a maximum of 1 and minimum of -1, it reaches a maximum of A and a minimum of -A.

How will changing the other variables affect the graph?

Basically, what i am saying is that to draw the graphs, consider what changing the values of A, B, C and K does (which you said you understand), and then simply do each transformation one step at a time, starting with the basic graph of y = sin x.

danago, I`m really sorry..
when I said the topic should be closed I didn`t notice that u replied

thanx actually, n am sry I didn`t mean to be rude..

1. What is the purpose of studying trigonometry?

The purpose of studying trigonometry is to understand the relationships between angles and sides in triangles. It has many real-world applications in fields such as engineering, physics, and navigation.

2. What are the basic trigonometric functions?

The basic trigonometric functions are sine, cosine, and tangent. These functions represent the ratios of the sides of a right triangle.

3. How do I find the values of trigonometric functions?

The values of trigonometric functions can be found using a calculator or by using trigonometric tables. They can also be calculated using the ratios of the sides of a right triangle.

4. What is the unit circle and how is it used in trigonometry?

The unit circle is a circle with a radius of 1 unit that is used to visualize and understand trigonometric functions. It is used to find the values of trigonometric functions for any angle in radians.

5. What are the common identities in trigonometry?

Some common identities in trigonometry include the Pythagorean identities, double angle identities, and half angle identities. These identities can be used to simplify and solve trigonometric equations.