Exploring 4D Spacetime: Visualizing Gravity's Role

• Thread starter hover
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the visualization of 4D spacetime and the role of gravity within it. It is mentioned that while we cannot physically visualize 4D, there are models and examples that help us understand it. These models include combining spatial dimensions on a graph and using general and special relativity.
hover
How can we visualize 4D spacetime and how gravity plays a role in 4D spacetime??

Physics news on Phys.org
Faq

hover said:
How can we visualize 4D spacetime and how gravity plays a role in 4D spacetime??

This is a FAQ; did you try searching for previous PF threads? This very question was discussed as recently as a few days ago.

If you take and combine two of the spatial dimensions say z and y then have time be your third dimension on a graph it is pretty easy. Its used in a lot of examples and what not in books.

Last edited:

1. What does "someone help me with this" mean?

"Someone help me with this" is a phrase commonly used to seek assistance or support from others in solving a problem or completing a task. It could refer to anything from a school assignment to a technical issue.

2. Why do people ask for help?

People may ask for help because they are unable to solve a problem on their own or they do not have the necessary knowledge or resources to complete a task. It is a natural human tendency to seek support from others when faced with difficulties.

3. How can I effectively ask for help?

To effectively ask for help, it is important to clearly state what you need assistance with and provide any relevant information or context. Be polite and respectful in your request and express gratitude for any help received. It is also helpful to be specific about the kind of help you are looking for.

4. Who can I ask for help?

You can ask for help from family, friends, colleagues, teachers, or professionals who have expertise in the area you need assistance with. It is important to consider who would be the most qualified and willing to help you with your specific problem.

5. How can I offer help to someone who asks for it?

If someone asks for help, you can offer your support by actively listening to their problem, providing suggestions or resources, or offering to assist them in finding a solution. It is important to be patient, understanding, and respectful of their needs while offering help.