Someone Please Check Where I Went Wrong

• Thread starter ColdFusion85
  • Start date
In summary, "Someone Please Check Where I Went Wrong" is a phrase used when seeking help in identifying and correcting a mistake. This can be beneficial as it allows for learning and growth. To prevent mistakes in scientific experiments, careful planning and seeking feedback are recommended. Identifying and correcting mistakes is necessary in the scientific field to ensure accuracy and progress.
ColdFusion85
This is a Laplace Transform problem. dy/dt = -y + t^2. I formed the inverse laplace transform equation which i verified is correct, then i took partial fraction decompositions and got for a final answer that y = (L inverse) [2/s^3 - 1/(s+1)]. and hence, y = t^2 - e^-t. however the book states that the answer is t^2 - 2*t + 2 - e^-t. where did i go wrong??

Physics news on Phys.org
Oops, I think it has to be distributed as [tex] \frac{A}{(s+1)} + \frac{(Bx+C)}{s}+ \frac{(Dx+E)}{(s^2)}+\frac{(Fx+G)}{(s^3)}[/tex], doesn't it?

nevermind, got it.

1. What does "Someone Please Check Where I Went Wrong" mean?

"Someone Please Check Where I Went Wrong" is a phrase often used when someone is seeking help or feedback on a particular task or problem. It indicates that the person is unsure of where they made a mistake and is asking for assistance in identifying and correcting it.

2. Why would someone need to ask for help in identifying their mistake?

As humans, we are bound to make mistakes, and sometimes it can be challenging to identify where we went wrong on our own. Asking for help from someone else can provide a fresh perspective and help us see things we may have missed.

3. Can asking for help in identifying a mistake be beneficial?

Yes, asking for help can be incredibly beneficial. It allows us to learn from our mistakes and improve our skills. It also shows humility and a willingness to grow and improve, which are valuable qualities in any field of science.

4. How can I prevent making mistakes in my scientific experiments?

Making mistakes is a natural part of the scientific process. However, there are steps you can take to minimize the chances of making significant errors, such as carefully planning and designing your experiments, thoroughly reviewing your methods and data, and seeking feedback from others before drawing conclusions.

5. Is it necessary to always identify and correct our mistakes?

While it is not always easy or comfortable to identify and correct our mistakes, it is crucial in the scientific field. Science is built on the foundation of trial and error, and identifying and correcting mistakes helps to ensure the accuracy and reliability of research findings. It also allows for continuous improvement and progress in the scientific community.