Something I should really know by now

• Thread starter joex444
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the equation e^{n^2} = (e^n)^n and its validity, as well as the use of substitution and calculators in solving mathematical problems. It is noted that (a^b)^c = a^{bc} is a basic algebraic rule that can be shown through substitution, and the use of calculators as a tool when in doubt.
joex444
Idk if this is right
[tex] e^{n^2} = (e^n)^n [/tex]
Atleast I didn't think [tex] e^{n^2} = e^n*e^n [/tex]

I had a test in calc 3 today, and that was part of a series. If it is equal (in the first equation) then I did it right, otherwise not. I came up with convergent, and someone else said they used an integral and got convergent, so...my answer hinges on that, which i should really know by now :)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
In general, [tex]a^{b^c} \ne a^{bc}[/tex].
[tex](a^b)^c = a^{bc}[/tex]
You should be able to show this yourself. Your first equality is correct.

Well, when in doubt just substitute some numbers! I don't understand why people don't do this more often when in doubt.

Like pretend e=2 and that n=3

[tex]2^9=(2^3)^3[/tex]

we all know [tex]2^9=512[/tex] and [tex]2^3=8[/tex]
[tex]8^3=512[/tex]
so it worksNow, this is aside from the fact that this is a basic algebraic rule...

yea, lol, i just typed in [tex]({e^n})^n[/tex] into my calculator and it spit back [tex]e^{n^2}[/tex]... it's a ti-89.

sometimes you just forget the basic stuff...

In that case, it's good to have a calculator that is smarter than you are!

1. What is the importance of learning "Something I should really know by now"?

The phrase "something I should really know by now" typically refers to a topic or skill that is considered fundamental or essential. Therefore, learning it is important because it can enhance your knowledge and understanding of a particular subject, improve your skills, and help you succeed in various areas of life.

2. How can I determine what "Something I should really know by now" is for me?

The best way to determine what "something I should really know by now" is for you is to reflect on your current knowledge and skills and identify any gaps or areas that you feel you should have a better understanding of. You can also seek advice from mentors or experts in your field.

3. Why do some people struggle with learning "Something I should really know by now"?

There can be a variety of reasons why someone may struggle with learning "something I should really know by now." It could be due to a lack of interest or motivation, inadequate learning resources, or a learning disability. It is important to identify the root cause and address it in order to overcome the struggle.

4. Can I still learn "Something I should really know by now" as an adult?

Absolutely! Learning should never stop, no matter your age. As an adult, you may have different learning styles and preferences compared to when you were younger, but it is still possible to learn new things. It may just require more effort and dedication.

5. How can I effectively learn "Something I should really know by now"?

The most effective way to learn "something I should really know by now" is to break it down into smaller, manageable chunks and practice regularly. Utilizing various learning methods such as reading, watching videos, and hands-on activities can also aid in the learning process. Additionally, seeking help from a mentor or joining a study group can provide support and accountability.