Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Something really weird when I access physics forum

1. May 23, 2004 #1
    I don't know why whenever I access physics forums, I always get stuck at around 3 minutes before the page can fully opens.
    I wonder if this is a bug or..."viruses", I mean "this" thing is the main cause to slow down the speed of physics forums.

Site managers-chroot or Mr Bernhart, would you please use a scan software to check and kill all those viruses if any, or some really good debugger to kill the bugs.

I used to meet this once when I was in another forum, it I believe, and strongly believe is the main cause for all the collapses of EVERYTHING.
    They come to RUIN and keep away the good.

If EVERYTHING turns out to be NOTHING, does the meaning about THEORY OF EVERYTHING become THEORY OF NOTHING or ZERO ?

Just a couple of thoughts

2. jcsd
  3. May 23, 2004 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Viruses do not infect websites, especially not ones running on Linux. You may have a virus on your PC, but we can't do anything about it -- that would be your problem.

Furthermore, there doesn't seem to be any problem with PF's speed -- it's either your ISP, or your PC.

- Warren

4. May 23, 2004 #3
    Okay, please do not get upset, I will check again, but can chroot please check it again too ?

5. May 23, 2004 #4

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No one's upset. And there's no virus.

- Warren

6. May 23, 2004 #5
    I actually write this to just inform in advance or perhaps to let someone who is now not present not misunderstand...or perhaps get back-up
    You are a site manager right ? So, I think even when there are three bugs-at least i think so, just an example- you can debug well...:sm:

Thank you very much.

Regards,

7. May 23, 2004 #6
    Pattielli, at your DOS prompt type in "tracert physicsforums.com" and post your results. As chroot pointed out there are no viruses or bugs on PF.

8. May 23, 2004 #7

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have no idea what you're talking about.

- Warren

9. May 23, 2004 #8
    Oh, my friend now comes, he checks for me already, no problem now, I see it...

Thank site-managers very much,

10. May 26, 2004 #9
    Hmm...could be a new worm hitting the Internet :) I've also experienced some slowdown at times when surfing.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?