Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Somethings i hate about this forum

1. May 18, 2006 #1

Pengwuino

Gold Member

haha cought you with the title didn't I

Well it's true

here are some things that just make me go :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

1) In the homework section, don't you just hate it when a thread is titled something like "EASY EASY EASY collision problem" or "SO SIMPLE! gravitational potential energy" or "no brainer problem here!". It's like, to me, personally, saying that the question is so easy yet they simply don't want to do the question.

2) Scientists aren't gods. I find it silly when someone will ask a question like "Is there another universe out there that we don't know about?". I mean what gives? The very wording of such a question makes it unanswerable. Do we know something we don't know about? Give me a break.

3) Crackpots. Need I say more? Actually to further expand on this, people who have very little knowledge of a subject but will contend that they are right becaues of their limited knowledge. I haven't really seen this too often but you'll occasionally see the person who comes up and says, using his high school physics knowledge, that the whole model of the atom is wrong because "electrons should fall into the nucleus and the nucleus should fly apart" etc etc. To further expand on that..... don't you hate people that seriously think their opinion on some scientific factoid is just as valid and as just as likely to be right as your knowledge of some scientific fact? How many times have we heard Relativity arguments boil down to "Well I just don't think that the speed of light is the fastest an object can go" vs. *All scientific knowledge in the world*.

4) The small cult of "blah blah blah american newspapers are propoganda machines" people who make such threads and then will in another thread, use american newspaper articles as sources for one of their threads. Come on now....

5) Cyrus

6) Random pm's from people. Why do I get random PM's from people? And its usually about random weird things. I'll even be asked homework question in private messages. Do I look like i know what i'm talking about? People keep asking me questions, gravity is going to turn into 4.5m/s^2.

Ok i've had my monthly rant. Geeeeeeeeeeeez.

2. jcsd
  3. May 18, 2006 #2
    That time of the month again?

Ranked 5th, is that the best you could do?

4. May 18, 2006 #3

Pengwuino

Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Im putting you to #3 on my list

5. May 18, 2006 #4
    We should have a pointless thread limit.

6. May 18, 2006 #5
  7. May 18, 2006 #6

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Go be a teacher

8. May 18, 2006 #7
    I remember when i first learned physics in high school, sometimes i would be like "that cant be because blah blah blah", but i quickly learned not to do that, and to try to figure out why it is that way. Throughout college i still came across people like that, adn they would use terms that they didnt completely understand in the wrong context.

9. May 18, 2006 #8
    Care for another kick in the nuts? (groan.....yes, it was really necessary franz) :uhh:

10. May 18, 2006 #9

Pengwuino

Gold Member

and now im being spammed by random pm'ers!!!!!!

11. May 18, 2006 #10
    #7 people who consistantly say "If the Liberals had there way [enter negative rhetoric here] as an arguement base...

just rattling your cage ;)

12. May 18, 2006 #11

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Yah that'll be the day, liberals discussed in a non-heavenly light on this board :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I really want to run into another one of these "Relativity is wrong, watch as i accelerate to as fast as i want" idiots. Slap them with a fish i will i will. I just don't get it... its like... do they really think tens of thousands of scientists throughout history have just completely overlooked their dumb intuitive guess at reality?

Last edited: May 18, 2006
  13. May 18, 2006 #12
    You talk too much, and think too little.

14. May 18, 2006 #13

dav2008

Gold Member

Pengwuino, why must your name be one character short of a complete post?

15. May 18, 2006 #14

Pengwuino

Gold Member

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: you hurt my feelings

CYRUS LOCKED!!!

16. May 18, 2006 #15

Pengwuino

Gold Member

because you just can't hate me, it's the law

17. May 18, 2006 #16
    Go study something, and stop crying like a baby.

18. May 18, 2006 #17
  19. May 18, 2006 #18

JamesU

Gold Member

Does anyone find it odd that his "crackpots" section, in which he said, "need I say more?" is the longest?

Seriously pengwuino, nobody wanta to hear what you don't like....I myself am already bored of this topic

20. May 18, 2006 #19

Pengwuino

Gold Member

You sure do, it's the only reason you exist. Without me, it's just a late abortion....

21. May 18, 2006 #20

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?