Sometimes i feel alien

• Thread starter Erazman
  • Start date
Dayle Record said:
I have some news for you all, the world we layed down over the top of the natural world, is fake. We can't even really see it. Let me explain. Our eyes are round, and they really can't see all these straight up and down lines skyscrapers, bridges and buildings. We have to use our internal software, to interpret what we are seeing and make rectilinear perspective.
I think the sensation is called Dissociation.

If you think about what self-awareness is and then think what it means to become momentarily self-aware of your self-awareness, then this is much like dissociation. You have become discociated to another level of awareness.

Evo
Mentor
3trQN said:
I think the sensation is called Dissociation.

If you think about what self-awareness is and then think what it means to become momentarily self-aware of your self-awareness, then this is much like dissociation. You have become discociated to another level of awareness.
It's a form of mental illness. Anyone with these symptoms needs to seek professional help.

Its not exclusivley a symptom of mental illness, and one should be vary carefull not label people as such.

J77
Sounds quite cool - as long as you don't get any desires to go attacking anyone...

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/1252/28998xa9.jpg [Broken]

If it starts causing you major discomfort, you may want to seek that professional advise, mind. If it's seriou, a message board is not even close to substituting professional opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mk
I feel the same sometimes.

Its been talked about before, check out these links:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=113339

Hypnagouge had almost the same experience one time, noted in this post:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=735326&postcount=45

Comparing it to Deja vu is correct, I believe Zoobyshoe was telling me about Jamas vu a time before, which is the opposite of Deja vu, and is caused by the same process (I think). In Deja vu, you feel like everything is unusually familar, or you have experienced it before, in Jamas vu, everything is alien, and what you see is not something you are familar with.

Evo
Mentor
3trQN said:
Its not exclusivley a symptom of mental illness, and one should be vary carefull not label people as such.
If it only happens once or twice for a very brief time, no need to worry, if it happens as much as these people describe, it is a form of mental illness/chemical imbalance, but possibly something that can be controlled with the proper medical treatment. If it's truly as severe as they describe, they need to seek professional help. There is no shame in it, if that's what you are implying.

miamiroller
OMG!!! I thought i was alone!!! I thought i was the only one experiencing this!!! you don't understand! I am crying right now! No one would understand me! I definitely think this is a product of LSD. I did twice. last time was about a year and a half ago. I hated it. I now look at the world in a very ****ed up and twisted way. and the worst part is that it is depressssssing!!! The world around me looks sooo fake! especially the sky and the sun/sunlight. i feel like im living in a toy world or something like that. these thoughts have only been appearing recently though, like about a week ago after taking amphetamines. but i do not doubt lsd was the first to bring it out and then the amphetamines just made it worse. will this ever go away?!! i just want to live life and look at it the same way i used to! i've lost all nostalgia and i feel like if my city is alien and not as if i've grown up in it at all. i do not feel happy and cheerful during thanksgiving or the christmas spirit during christmas. they have now become plain regular days to me!

wolram
Gold Member
Erazman, I have no desire to be a party-pooper here, but... what you describe might--just might--be a symptom of epilepsy. Petit mal seizures can be quite similar to what you describe. It might be worth your while to get checked out.

This is one of the symptoms that caused my doctor to diagnose me as epileptic, not proven yet.

neu
Read "the Myth of Sisyphus" by Albert Camus

Sounds like low blood sugar to me...

miamiroller said:
OMG!!! I thought i was alone!!! I thought i was the only one experiencing this!!! you don't understand! I am crying right now! No one would understand me! I definitely think this is a product of LSD. I did twice. last time was about a year and a half ago. I hated it. I now look at the world in a very ****ed up and twisted way. and the worst part is that it is depressssssing!!! The world around me looks sooo fake! especially the sky and the sun/sunlight. i feel like im living in a toy world or something like that. these thoughts have only been appearing recently though, like about a week ago after taking amphetamines. but i do not doubt lsd was the first to bring it out and then the amphetamines just made it worse. will this ever go away?!! i just want to live life and look at it the same way i used to! i've lost all nostalgia and i feel like if my city is alien and not as if i've grown up in it at all. i do not feel happy and cheerful during thanksgiving or the christmas spirit during christmas. they have now become plain regular days to me!

You definitely need to see a professional. I know you think we are crazy for not seeing your reality or the "true" reality of nature, but i am sure there are professionals that could bring you back firmly in this reality. You need help asap, do yourself a favour.

As a side note, i myself was once curious about the experience of other worlds under LSD and DMT, but i've now changed my mind. It's not worth the risk.

miamiroller
You definitely need to see a professional. I know you think we are crazy for not seeing your reality or the "true" reality of nature, but i am sure there are professionals that could bring you back firmly in this reality. You need help asap, do yourself a favour.

As a side note, i myself was once curious about the experience of other worlds under LSD and DMT, but i've now changed my mind. It's not worth the risk.
i mean i don't see it like that ALL the time, but like 50% of the time. it just gets depressing. i do feel like im in the beetlejuice movie and i hate it. and please NO do not mess around with psychedelics, especially LSD OR DMT. DEFINITELY NOT WORTH THE RISK. Enjoy life the way it is, with all it's magic and mysteries. Once you do lsd and like drugs you will lose that forever! NOW i know what the saying "ignorance is bliss" truly means!

miamiroller said:
i mean i don't see it like that ALL the time, but like 50% of the time. it just gets depressing. i do feel like im in the beetlejuice movie and i hate it. and please NO do not mess around with psychedelics, especially LSD OR DMT. DEFINITELY NOT WORTH THE RISK. Enjoy life the way it is, with all it's magic and mysteries. Once you do lsd and like drugs you will lose that forever! NOW i know what the saying "ignorance is bliss" truly means!

Was there anything specific in that trip that convinced you what you felt was as real as your everyday reality. I've felt like you in past without taking psychedelics, tranquilisers helped a lot. But if I ever felt i was losing grip, i'd head to a psychiatrist. You need to tell your friends/relatives of this so they can have an eye on you. Maybe if you could tell us some details, we can disperse your notions of true/fake reality and help you get back to your normal life in the meantime.

Last edited:
miamiroller
well at first, about a year and a half ago, the symptoms were that i started thinking that there was no such thing as a god, life was meaningless, etc..along with major anxiety and panic attacks, depression soon followed. this happened july of 2007. i got over all these symptoms by the end of that year. I was perfectly fine until last week, when i went on an mdma/amphetamine binge one night and now i feel like me and everyone in this world is real, but that the world itself is artificial. like the sky and sun. certain places and buildings make me feel the same way. makes me feel like im living in the world of the movie beetlejuice. the streets i would drive through now no longer carry any warmth of familiarity, but now cold, odd, and alien. mind you, it's not extreme. it's mild, but it can still make me feel a little depressed. i hope it's just a temporary chemical imbalance that will clear up soon and will go back to normal. just like i got over those insane depressing thoughts of a godless, meaningless life full of anxiety and panic attacks, i'm sure and hope i will get over this soon.

Stay away form the amphetamines and see a doctor. You are setting yourself up for some very serious future problems.

My neighbors have a daughter with a genius IQ. She started feeling weird and using drugs while attending Sarah Lauwence College.

They spent 0ver $140,000 in tuition and the girl is now working in a used clothing store in NYC.