Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Sometimes my foot and ankle hair pokes through my socks

1. Jun 3, 2005 #1
    Sometimes my foot and ankle hair pokes through my socks. The socks don't have holes. The hairs just make their way through the knitting.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 3, 2005 #2
    That's why hobbits don't wear sneakers.

4. Jun 3, 2005 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Uh oh! Time to get your legs waxed! :rofl:

5. Jun 3, 2005 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

foot and ankle hair :confused: :bugeye:

6. Jun 3, 2005 #5
    I'm glad I've never had to experience that, must look kind of odd, hairy socks?

7. Jun 3, 2005 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I thought you had pets. Okay, so it's not your hair. :uhh:

8. Jun 3, 2005 #7
    Oh, it's only a few strands. I noticed them for the first time this afternoon.

9. Jun 3, 2005 #8
    Sometimes while walking to school I will count how many breaths I take. If I hold my breath I can walk the almost one mile to school in under 100 breaths.

10. Jun 3, 2005 #9

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sometimes I think cheese is interesting. There are a lot of different kinds of cheese. Some cheese doesn't even look like cheese at all. For instance, ricotta cheese. If someone hadn't told me that was cheese I never would have guessed what it was.

11. Jun 3, 2005 #10

JamesU

Gold Member

sometimes, I wonder why I come to PF. topics just lose their overall purpouse by the end of the first page...but I keep coming back!

12. Jun 4, 2005 #11

Danger

Gold Member

So, according to established food guides, is 'head cheese' considered a meat or a dairy product?

13. Jun 4, 2005 #12

hypnagogue

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You mean this thread had an overall purpose to begin with? Or was that a porpoise maybe?

Sometimes, if I look at a word long enough or repeat its sound enough times, it loses its natural familiarity and becomes completely alien sounding. Try it: purpose... purpose... purpose...

14. Jun 4, 2005 #13

JamesU

Gold Member

I do that too.

and no, not porpise. were you thinking along the lines of Curly and maybe thought poipose? :tongue:

15. Jun 4, 2005 #14
    thats why i hate my real name. people say it so often, i think it sounds ridiculous.

it is odd though... its like you don't realize what a word actually sounds like until you say it over and over... and then it sounds so foriegn. when i do that, sometimes i can't remember how i would normally have said it to begin with, because suddenly the word is so strange.

16. Jun 4, 2005 #15
    I get this too, but not so much with nouns and verbs. Words that I use a lot like 'though' begin to appear funny to me. though, though, though.

17. Jun 4, 2005 #16

Lisa!

Gold Member

:rofl: :rofl: Aren't you a bank robber who still doent know what's the difference between foot & head and of course the reason of covering your face with sock? :confused:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2005
  18. Jun 4, 2005 #17

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sometimes it's just the little words. Is is is is. :rofl:

19. Jun 4, 2005 #18

Danger

Gold Member

In the case of a few usernames, once or twice is enough to make them sound silly.

20. Jun 4, 2005 #19

hypnagogue

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Danger... Danger... Dang-er? One who dangs? Dain-jer-- sounds like a sci-fi/fantasy hero.

21. Jun 4, 2005 #20

Danger

Gold Member

No, silly... from the French: D' Anger. :tongue:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?