Sometimes my foot and ankle hair pokes through my socks

• Thread starter BicycleTree
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hair
In summary, the conversation covers a range of topics, from foot and ankle hair poking through socks, to counting breaths while walking, to the oddity of different types of cheese. The participants also discuss the strangeness of repeating words and how it can make them sound unfamiliar. The conversation also touches on the purpose of the forum and how usernames can start to sound silly after repeated use. One participant even jokingly suggests that a particular username could be of French origin.
BicycleTree
Sometimes my foot and ankle hair pokes through my socks. The socks don't have holes. The hairs just make their way through the knitting.

Physics news on Phys.org
That's why hobbits don't wear sneakers.

Uh oh! Time to get your legs waxed! :rofl:

foot and ankle hair :confused: :bugeye:

I'm glad I've never had to experience that, must look kind of odd, hairy socks?

hypatia said:
I'm glad I've never had to experience that, must look kind of odd, hairy socks?
I thought you had pets. Okay, so it's not your hair. :uhh:

Oh, it's only a few strands. I noticed them for the first time this afternoon.

Sometimes while walking to school I will count how many breaths I take. If I hold my breath I can walk the almost one mile to school in under 100 breaths.

Sometimes I think cheese is interesting. There are a lot of different kinds of cheese. Some cheese doesn't even look like cheese at all. For instance, ricotta cheese. If someone hadn't told me that was cheese I never would have guessed what it was.

sometimes, I wonder why I come to PF. topics just lose their overall purpouse by the end of the first page...but I keep coming back!

Math Is Hard said:
Sometimes I think cheese is interesting. There are a lot of different kinds of cheese. Some cheese doesn't even look like cheese at all.
So, according to established food guides, is 'head cheese' considered a meat or a dairy product?

yomamma said:
sometimes, I wonder why I come to PF. topics just lose their overall purpouse by the end of the first page...but I keep coming back!

You mean this thread had an overall purpose to begin with? Or was that a http://dhr.dos.state.fl.us/kids/images/symbols/mid/porpoise.jpg maybe?

Sometimes, if I look at a word long enough or repeat its sound enough times, it loses its natural familiarity and becomes completely alien sounding. Try it: purpose... purpose... purpose...

Last edited by a moderator:
I do that too.

and no, not porpise. were you thinking along the lines of Curly and maybe thought poipose? :tongue:

hypnagogue said:
Sometimes, if I look at a word long enough or repeat its sound enough times, it loses its natural familiarity and becomes completely alien sounding. Try it: purpose... purpose... purpose...

thats why i hate my real name. people say it so often, i think it sounds ridiculous.

it is odd though... its like you don't realize what a word actually sounds like until you say it over and over... and then it sounds so foriegn. when i do that, sometimes i can't remember how i would normally have said it to begin with, because suddenly the word is so strange.

hypnagogue said:
You mean this thread had an overall purpose to begin with? Or was that a http://dhr.dos.state.fl.us/kids/images/symbols/mid/porpoise.jpg maybe?

I get this too, but not so much with nouns and verbs. Words that I use a lot like 'though' begin to appear funny to me. though, though, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
BicycleTree said:
Sometimes my foot and ankle hair pokes through my socks.
:rofl: :rofl: Aren't you a bank robber who still doent know what's the difference between foot & head and of course the reason of covering your face with sock? :confused:

Last edited:
Huckleberry said:
I get this too, but not so much with nouns and verbs. Words that I use a lot like 'though' begin to appear funny to me. though, though, though.
Sometimes it's just the little words. Is is is is. :rofl:

Moonbear said:
Sometimes it's just the little words.
In the case of a few usernames, once or twice is enough to make them sound silly.

Danger said:
In the case of a few usernames, once or twice is enough to make them sound silly.

Danger... Danger... Dang-er? One who dangs? Dain-jer-- sounds like a sci-fi/fantasy hero.

hypnagogue said:
Danger... Danger... Dang-er? One who dangs? Dain-jer-- sounds like a sci-fi/fantasy hero.
No, silly... from the French: D' Anger. :tongue:

Moonbear said:
Sometimes it's just the little words. Is is is is. :rofl:
As our lecherous ex-president Clinton might say "What does is mean?"
Clinton, Clin ton, Clang tin, one who rattles tin cans for donations.

Clang a can
can you clang a can i can clang a can

1. Why does my foot and ankle hair poke through my socks?

There are a few reasons why this may happen. One possibility is that your socks are too thin or too loose, allowing hair to push through. Another reason could be that your hair is longer or thicker than average, making it more likely to poke through. Lastly, if you have recently shaved or trimmed your hair, it may be sharper and more likely to poke through.

2. Is it normal for foot and ankle hair to poke through socks?

Yes, it is completely normal for foot and ankle hair to poke through socks. Everyone's hair grows at a different rate and thickness, so it's common for some people to have hair that pokes through their socks more than others.

3. How can I prevent my foot and ankle hair from poking through my socks?

There are a few things you can try to prevent this issue. Firstly, you can opt for thicker or tighter socks that will be less likely to allow hair to push through. You can also try trimming or shaving your hair regularly to keep it shorter and less likely to poke through. Lastly, wearing longer socks that cover your ankles can also help prevent hair from poking through.

4. Could foot and ankle hair poking through socks lead to any health problems?

No, it is unlikely for this issue to cause any health problems. However, if the hair is constantly rubbing against the skin, it may cause irritation or discomfort. If this is the case, it's best to address the issue by trying different socks or trimming the hair.

5. Are there any medical conditions that could cause foot and ankle hair to poke through socks?

In most cases, foot and ankle hair poking through socks is not a sign of any medical condition. However, if you notice excessive hair growth or hair in unusual places, it's best to consult a doctor to rule out any underlying health issues.