Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Sometimes when I use the 'Who's Online' function

1. Jun 25, 2009 #1
    and I run into another user whose 'current activity' is 'Viewing Who's Online' I feel like I am a peeping Tom looking into an apartment building with binoculars and I just locked eyes with another peeping Tom doing the exact same thing.

Who knew that PF could make you feel so dirty :blushing:

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 25, 2009 #2
    That's why I feel weird about viewing someone's profile; the "Recent Visitors" list is like leaving your wallet at the window of someone's home you've looked into.

4. Jun 25, 2009 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

LOL! That's when you quickly return back the index page and hope you saw them before they saw you! :biggrin:

5. Jun 25, 2009 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Some members might feel similarly as you did about your "Men in Black" visitors if they ever noticed all their "recent visitors" were mentors.

6. Jun 25, 2009 #5
    :rofl: You all could pull some interesting pranks on some of us!

7. Jun 25, 2009 #6

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't mind people knowing that I've visited their home page (and I visit a lot of them!). But it is odd seeing "Viewing Who's Online" when I'm viewing who's online...and I can't quite figure out why.

Maybe it should say "Also Viewing Who's Online...Just Like You Are" :wink:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook