Sonoluminescence - The Key To Faster Than Light Travel?

In summary: Ray Fleming's theory of sonoluminescence being the key to faster than light travel is true, then his theory would work--assuming the EM field could be created to produce the shell around the space craft. However, there are still many unanswered questions, such as how to create the field and how to keep the occupants inside the bubble from being squashed.
Whitestar
A few years ago I was in contact with a physicist by the name of Ray Fleming. He had a theory regarding sonoluminescence being the key to faster than light travel. Here is a direct quote from him on the possibility of a ship traveling faster than light with sonoluminescence:

"In order to keep inertial ZPF affects from slowing down an object the ZPF (actually a small but significant band of wavelengths of it) has to be kept busy doing something else other than rotating in response to local matter movement. We know that partons respond more energetically to electric charge interactions than matter interactions, because the electric forces are much more powerful, so The ZPF could possibly be disconnected by a high-voltage high-frequency EM device designed to produce a shell around the space craft. I do not know if it is possible to produce such a strong EM field, but I plan to try to make one on a very small scale in a month or so, and test it for unusual properties. You can visualize it as something like a lightning bolt, that has the ability to change the local properties of everything in its path, but stronger, faster, hemispherically shaped, and under continuos control.

The drive part is a little different. Gravity as we know it is caused by the pressure created by the vacuum fluctuations. As they expand they push on their surroundings, exerting a force. This force is exerted equally in all directions. Gravity comes about because one body blocks some of the pressure from hitting the other body. This means that both bodies have less force pushing them apart than pushing them together, so they move together. Look up Sahkarov's theory if you want more information on this part of the grand unified theory.

The way a drive mechanism would work would be to disconnect the spacecraft from the ZPF pressure on one side, while allowing it on another side. This way the partons push the craft and no internal energy source is required, other than the one that produces the EM. The speed can be controlled by the percentage and wavelength distribution of the partons that are occupied by the EM device.

To be faster than light. The spacecraft would have to be isolated by an inner shell. (Note that this is required if for no other reason to prevent the occupants from being flattened by inertial effects.) An outer shell would be for control so it could allow the object to be pushed form one direction and not from another. In order to go very fast, very short high energy wavelengths would have to be blocked. Finding some wavelengths and wavelength specific apparatus that can allow the outer shell to push on the inner shell and craft without squashing the occupants is the big engineering question, and I don't have a good solution at the moment.

Since the ZPF energy in even one cubic centimeter of vacuum is infinite, it is an infinite energy source that could be used to propel the spacecraft ."

And here is his website: http://www.rayfleming.com/

What does everybody else thinks?

Whitestar

Science news on Phys.org
I have a interest in sonoluminence as well, and have a http://wc0.worldcrossing.com/WebX?14@159.PX45cvPJl7n.0@.1dde6b71 that might be of interest. But more then this is the dynamics you are referring too.

http://www.daviddarling.info/images/voyager.jpg

An idea for achieving faster-than-light travel suggested by the Mexican theoretical physicist Miguel Alcubierre in 1994.1 It starts from the notion, implicit in Einstein's general theory of relativity, that matter causes the surface of spacetime around it to curve. Alcubierre was interested in the possibility of whether Star Trek's fictional "warp drive" could ever be realized. This led him to search for a valid mathematical description of the gravitational field that would allow a kind of spacetime warp to serve as a means of superluminal propulsion. Alcubierre concluded that a warp drive would be feasible if matter could be arranged so as to expand the spacetime behind a starship (thus pushing the departure point many light-years back) and contract the spacetime in front (bringing the destination closer), while leaving the starship itself in a locally flat region of spacetime bounded by a "warp bubble" that lay between the two distortions. The ship would then surf along in its bubble at an arbitrarily high velocity, pushed forward by the expansion of space at its rear and the contraction of space in front. It could travel faster than light without breaking any physical law because, with respect to the spacetime in its warp bubble, it would be at rest. Also, being locally stationary, the starship and its crew would be immune from any devastatingly high accelerations and decelerations (obviating the need for "inertial dampers"), and from relativistic effects such as time dilation (since the passage of time inside the warp bubble

http://www.daviddarling.info/encyclopedia/A/Alcubdrive.html

If you can imagine the Bose Nova and the dynamcis in the jets, it would have been not to hard to figure out the dynamics to move through space?

But more then this, is the understandining that many have been engaged on this subject of warp drive. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sol, it was good of you to bring this in. One minor carp, David Waite at his warp drive math site points out that Alcubierre's naive view of how his warp drive is not necessary, there are "metric engineering" solutions that do FTL without the spacetime bubble effect. As you say, a lot of people have worked on it, not by any means all fictional.

selfAdjoint said:
Sol, it was good of you to bring this in. One minor carp, David Waite at his warp drive math site points out that Alcubierre's naive view of how his warp drive is not necessary, there are "metric engineering" solutions that do FTL without the spacetime bubble effect. As you say, a lot of people have worked on it, not by any means all fictional.

In bold, can you speak to this from what you have learnt?

I post Paul's response to a thread that we had interacted for a period of time
as shown in thread. Sometimes we do not realize who we have been speaking with, and judging from the responses of those in the know, such childest actions demonstrated towards another like Marcus just does not cut it. Maybe we might see his particpation back here to fill in the gaps and expound further on this as well?

In this area certain dialogue was truly interesting and guiding.

Paul Karl Hoiland (Paultrrr)posted

Brane New World, by Roland Pease

Part of my own research into all this started with the reading, or should I say tackling of a very indepth book many years ago called "Geometrodynamics". During that period ideas simular to those that originated modern day Loop Quantum Gravity along Smolin's idea(Twistor Theory to be exact) were popular along with certain X-Boson models, technocolor forces, etc. Basically then we had a lot of different models out there in the works each with their own set of predictions. QCD and QED where just starting to come into play and supergravity seemed the promise of the day. However, the more I personally played with the ideas out there the more I became convinced that something like a multi-dimensional space-time must be at work. It was the only solution that seemed to allow one to properly unify all the different forces though few of us at that time thought or had heard yet about String Theory from which later M-Theory and Brane World ideas were born. A lot of us seemed to be working then sort of blind to what others where coming up with and in fact, though I have forgotten the exact issue it was a Scientific America article on the strange String Theory along with a couple of popular science books that first introduced me to the actual subject of String Theory and told me that perhaps I was on the right track.

http://wc0.worldcrossing.com/WebX?14@216.ck6zcelJmdQ.0@.1dde934e/117

Last edited by a moderator:
Waite has a "rotating metric" - just a proof of principle - that does the job without using the spacetime gradient. These metrics become hard to visualize, but the math is clear. At the site I linked to he leaves calculation of the corresponding momentum-energy tensor as an excersise for the reader.

neutron star?

Whitestar said:
A few years ago I was in contact with a physicist by the name of Ray Fleming. He had a theory regarding sonoluminescence being the key to faster than light travel. Here is a direct quote from him on the possibility of a ship traveling faster than light with sonoluminescence:

"In order to keep inertial ZPF affects from slowing down an object the ZPF (actually a small but significant band of wavelengths of it) has to be kept busy doing something else other than rotating in response to local matter movement. We know that partons respond more energetically to electric charge interactions than matter interactions, because the electric forces are much more powerful, so The ZPF could possibly be disconnected by a high-voltage high-frequency EM device designed to produce a shell around the space craft. I do not know if it is possible to produce such a strong EM field, but I plan to try to make one on a very small scale in a month or so, and test it for unusual properties. You can visualize it as something like a lightning bolt, that has the ability to change the local properties of everything in its path, but stronger, faster, hemispherically shaped, and under continuos control.

The drive part is a little different. Gravity as we know it is caused by the pressure created by the vacuum fluctuations. As they expand they push on their surroundings, exerting a force. This force is exerted equally in all directions. Gravity comes about because one body blocks some of the pressure from hitting the other body. This means that both bodies have less force pushing them apart than pushing them together, so they move together. Look up Sahkarov's theory if you want more information on this part of the grand unified theory.

The way a drive mechanism would work would be to disconnect the spacecraft from the ZPF pressure on one side, while allowing it on another side. This way the partons push the craft and no internal energy source is required, other than the one that produces the EM. The speed can be controlled by the percentage and wavelength distribution of the partons that are occupied by the EM device.

To be faster than light. The spacecraft would have to be isolated by an inner shell. (Note that this is required if for no other reason to prevent the occupants from being flattened by inertial effects.) An outer shell would be for control so it could allow the object to be pushed form one direction and not from another. In order to go very fast, very short high energy wavelengths would have to be blocked. Finding some wavelengths and wavelength specific apparatus that can allow the outer shell to push on the inner shell and craft without squashing the occupants is the big engineering question, and I don't have a good solution at the moment.

Since the ZPF energy in even one cubic centimeter of vacuum is infinite, it is an infinite energy source that could be used to propel the spacecraft ."

And here is his website: http://www.rayfleming.com/

What does everybody else thinks?

Whitestar

Why would a neutron star, using the above stated theory of gravity, have such a strong magnetic field if it is only able to block a few kilometers worth of this vacuum pressure?

1. What is sonoluminescence?

Sonoluminescence is a phenomenon in which light is emitted from a collapsing bubble in a liquid when sound waves are passed through it. This process creates extreme temperatures and pressures, causing the formation of a plasma and the emission of light.

2. How does sonoluminescence relate to faster than light travel?

Some scientists have proposed that sonoluminescence could be the key to achieving faster than light travel. The extreme energy and pressures created during the process could potentially be harnessed to propel a spacecraft forward at incredible speeds.

3. Is there evidence to support the idea of using sonoluminescence for faster than light travel?

Currently, there is no conclusive evidence to support this theory. While sonoluminescence has been extensively studied, there is still much research to be done to fully understand the process and its potential applications.

4. What are the challenges and limitations of using sonoluminescence for faster than light travel?

There are several challenges and limitations that would need to be overcome in order to use sonoluminescence for faster than light travel. These include controlling and harnessing the extreme energies and temperatures involved, finding suitable materials to withstand these conditions, and developing advanced propulsion systems.

5. What are some other potential uses for sonoluminescence?

Sonoluminescence has potential applications in various fields such as materials science, nuclear fusion research, and medical imaging. It could also be used to study extreme physical conditions that are difficult to replicate in a laboratory setting.