1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Soon to be EE student questions

1. May 6, 2015 #1
    I am A few months from going to college and I want to ask you guys what to expect and how to prepare.Thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. May 6, 2015 #2

davenn

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

hi there
    welcome to PF

I have asked this thread to be moved to the academic guidance section

cheers
    Dave

4. May 6, 2015 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF, Jose. :smile:

I have requested that this thread be moved to the High Energy Physics forum. No, just kidding around with Dave. :biggrin:

You can get an idea of what to expect from my Mentor Biography here: https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/meet-a-mentor-berkeman.684732/

I found undergrad very challenging at first, and then much more manageable once I figured out how to study (and how much to study).

What is your background? What will you be majoring in at college? Are you staying in the dorms your first year at college?

5. May 6, 2015 #4

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Although you'll be majoring in EE, you won't likely take any EE courses until probably the 2nd semester sophmore year (maybe the first semester) so you have a fair amount of time to learn more about the "EE" part. In frosh year you'll take the same stuff all the STEM people take. Focus on the math.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook