Was the Sopranos ending a huge letdown for fans?

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation participants express disappointment and feeling "robbed" by the ending of the TV show "The Sopranos". They also discuss their opinions on the season as a whole, expressing a desire for more action and a higher body count. They also mention specific storylines and characters they were disappointed with, and one person shares a video link related to the show. Overall, they do not feel that the 6th season was up to par with the previous 5 seasons.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Am I the only one who felt ROBBED by the Sopranos ending? After setting up one of the most deliciously tensed moment in TV history, I can't believe that they just Blacked it out! I felt cheated!

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
I can't wait for the last season to arrive on TV. Btw, I guess one always feels robbed by the ending of a great show such as this one.

Yes, I felt robbed. :mad: Actually, I wasn't too thrilled with the season as a whole. I was hoping that Phil and Tony would go to the mattresses as soon as Phil took control of the Lupertazzi family. The whole ordeal with Tony's coma and Vito's little trip to the country both lasted way too long, IMO. I wanted a higher body count. I was also disappointed with the way Christopher was killed off. When he shot his former AA sponsor, I thought for sure he would get pinched by the FBI and then flip over on Tony, who would then of course have him whacked out for betraying him. Now that would have been interesting.

I don't think that the 6th season is worthy of the previous 5 seasons.

1. What happened at the end of The Soprano?

At the end of The Soprano, the screen cuts to black and viewers are left to interpret whether or not Tony Soprano was killed or if he continued living.

2. Why did the screen cut to black in The Soprano finale?

The screen cut to black in The Soprano finale to leave the ending open to interpretation and to convey the uncertainty and unpredictability of life.

3. Did Tony Soprano die at the end of the series?

The creators of The Soprano have not confirmed whether or not Tony Soprano died at the end of the series. It is left open to interpretation.

4. What was the significance of the Journey song "Don't Stop Believin'" in the final scene of The Soprano?

The Journey song "Don't Stop Believin'" was a recurring theme throughout the series, and its use in the final scene was meant to bring the story full circle and to symbolize Tony's journey as a character.

5. What was the reaction to The Soprano finale?

The reaction to The Soprano finale was mixed, with some viewers praising the ambiguity and others feeling disappointed by the lack of closure. The ending continues to spark debate and discussion among fans.