1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Sorry if this is an unusual question, but

1. Aug 9, 2010 #1
    What is the average educational level here? I was assuming a Masters in Physics...

Please don't give me an infraction ''Monique''.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 9, 2010 #2
    Seems like there are a lot of doctoral students, but they may or may not have masters depending on how the program handles it (that's my situation).

4. Aug 9, 2010 #3
    So it would be unusual to see someone of an 8th grade education here?

5. Aug 10, 2010 #4
    Most of the regulars are graduate students and advanced undergrads I believe, and some who have finished school Im sure. But most of the members, who are not regulars, seem to be undergrad, interested laymen and then high schooler - in that order.

Thats just what I have observed in my limited time here.

6. Aug 10, 2010 #5

MathematicalPhysicist

Gold Member

Well I must say I started to visit back then from 2002, when I was in high school.

So I am little bit old. (-:

7. Aug 10, 2010 #6
    Hey, I have an 8th grade education!

Actually a bit more (BA in Aesthetics), but never took a physics class. That must be apparent from my posts though....

8. Aug 10, 2010 #7

cjl

Well, I'm a regular reader (though infrequent commenter), and I'm currently a masters student in Aerospace Engineering.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook