Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Sorry if this was adressed before, but how can I create a signature?

1. Jun 19, 2004 #1
    On another Vbulletin board I'm on, there's an option to change your signature under settings and options, but not here. Do I need to be a subscriber to have a signature, or am I just missing something?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 19, 2004 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yes, you must be a subscriber to have a signature.

- Warren

4. Jun 19, 2004 #3
    Surely u could (if u can be bothered) simulate a signature by pasting in the stuff after every post you make, but I guess I must be missing something?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2004
  5. Jun 20, 2004 #4

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

You also need a subscription to have an avatar. So how come this guy has an avatar, but no signature?

6. Jun 20, 2004 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

People that had custom avatars and user titles prior to the last upgrade have retained them, at least for now.

7. Jun 20, 2004 #6
    You're not missing anything at all. Basically, you have to pay for what other websites give for free.

8. Jun 20, 2004 #7

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So sour, this site uses up a lot of bandwidth each month and this generates a lot of cost. Those other sites must not see such a heavy usage or support themselves through other revenues.

9. Jun 20, 2004 #8
    Mmmmm....sour candies, yum!

Actually, they do advertising. Kind of like here...

An example is Brighthand.com

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?