Help Needed: Device to Lift 180lbs 30cm Off Ground

In summary, the conversation suggests that the person is looking for a way to lift 180lbs about thirty centimetres off the ground. Suggestions include using a lever, dynamite (not recommended), water if the weight is buoyant, a block and tackle, air bags, or paying a strong friend. The person asking the question is new to the topic and seeking help, but the context and application of the question is unclear.
Ladislav B
Hey, I am new to this stuff and was just wondering if someone could help me i need to know what could i use to lift 180lbs about thirty centimetres off the ground, also this device has to be small but still powerful enough to lift the required weight i would appreciate any help i could get.

Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
A lever would be simplest.

If it doesn't have to stay up for any significant length of time, or come back in one piece, dynamite would work. I'm not supposed to talk about that kind of stuff here, though.

Likes dragoneyes001
water if the weight is buoyant or made to be. block and tackle is an old standby for lifting objects but may not meet the small requirement. guess a hot air balloon is also out. air bags can lift items but 30cm could be tipsy. $5 to a strong friend could lift it too.

Likes Danger
dragoneyes001 said:
$5 to a strong friend could lift it too.
Brilliant!
(You're obviously not Canuck, though; we work for beer.)

:P we also eat beaver!

Ladislav B said:
Hey, I am new to this stuff and was just wondering if someone could help me i need to know what could i use to lift 180lbs about thirty centimetres off the ground, also this device has to be small but still powerful enough to lift the required weight i would appreciate any help i could get.

Thanks

Welcome to the PF.

What is the context of your question? What is the application? Is this a school project?

dragoneyes001 said:
:p we also eat beaver!
I stand corrected. o:)

1. What is the maximum weight that this device can lift?

The maximum weight that this device can lift is 180lbs.

2. How high can this device lift an object off the ground?

This device can lift an object up to 30cm off the ground.

3. What is the power source for this device?

The power source for this device can vary, but it is typically powered by electricity or a hydraulic system.

4. Is this device safe to use?

Yes, this device is designed with safety in mind. It is important to follow the proper instructions and precautions when using it.

5. Can this device be used for lifting humans?

No, this device is not suitable for lifting humans. It is designed for lifting objects only.