Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Sorry, it's time for everyone to see Time Bandits

1. Apr 19, 2008 #1

Evo

Staff: Mentor

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 19, 2008 #2
    If you search on youtube, you can watch all of 2001, a space odyssey.

4. Apr 19, 2008 #3

Evo

But its not as good as Time Bandits. Time Bandits is Monty Python.

5. Apr 20, 2008 #4
    Time Bandits is a classic! I loved the Robinhood scene. The only thing is, the ending was a little weird.

6. Apr 20, 2008 #5
    I have it on DVD, although I didn't like that movie that much.

7. Apr 20, 2008 #6

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It was free in the paper the other week. I watched it years ago but I might watch it again soon.

8. Apr 20, 2008 #7

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

More precisely, it is written by Michael Palin and directed by Terry Gilliam, both of Monty Python, and with a cameo by Cleese as Robin Hood; but it is not a "Monty Python" film.

The end of this movie has to be one of the most spectacularly original I have ever seen. As Gilliam mentions on the commentary to the DVD, the sudden explosion of your parents, is one of the most exciting fantasies of a ten year old boy; kind of a combination of the worst and best thing in the world.

I often wonder how much better the film could have been if Gilliam was given the budget he wanted.

9. Apr 20, 2008 #8

Evo

Yes, but when I just name them people don't automatically know who I am talking about.

Did you know George Harrison did the theme song?

10. Apr 21, 2008 #9
    Fun fantasy film.

-Three thumbs up -

11. Apr 21, 2008 #10

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Yeah. "Handmade Films" was George's production company. He was real chummy with Michael Palin. George taught Palin how to deal with being famous in a crowd (right after Life of Brian): "Just ignore them. You'll go crazy otherwise."

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?