Sorry, it's time for everyone to see Time Bandits

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Time
In summary, the movie is about a boy who travels through time and meets different people. The end is pretty exciting.
Physics news on Phys.org
If you search on youtube, you can watch all of 2001, a space odyssey.

Cyrus said:
If you search on youtube, you can watch all of 2001, a space odyssey.
But its not as good as Time Bandits. Time Bandits is Monty Python.

Time Bandits is a classic! I loved the Robinhood scene. The only thing is, the ending was a little weird.

I have it on DVD, although I didn't like that movie that much.

It was free in the paper the other week. I watched it years ago but I might watch it again soon.

Evo said:
But its not as good as Time Bandits. Time Bandits is Monty Python.

More precisely, it is written by Michael Palin and directed by Terry Gilliam, both of Monty Python, and with a cameo by Cleese as Robin Hood; but it is not a "Monty Python" film.

The end of this movie has to be one of the most spectacularly original I have ever seen. As Gilliam mentions on the commentary to the DVD, the sudden explosion of your parents, is one of the most exciting fantasies of a ten year old boy; kind of a combination of the worst and best thing in the world.

I often wonder how much better the film could have been if Gilliam was given the budget he wanted.

Chi Meson said:
More precisely, it is written by Michael Palin and directed by Terry Gilliam, both of Monty Python, and with a cameo by Cleese as Robin Hood; but it is not a "Monty Python" film.
Yes, but when I just name them people don't automatically know who I am talking about.

Did you know George Harrison did the theme song?

Fun fantasy film.

-Three thumbs up -

Evo said:
Yes, but when I just name them people don't automatically know who I am talking about.

Did you know George Harrison did the theme song?

Yeah. "Handmade Films" was George's production company. He was real chummy with Michael Palin. George taught Palin how to deal with being famous in a crowd (right after Life of Brian): "Just ignore them. You'll go crazy otherwise."

1. What is "Sorry, it's time for everyone to see Time Bandits" about?

"Sorry, it's time for everyone to see Time Bandits" is a phrase that is often used as a humorous way to indicate that it is time for a group of people to watch the movie "Time Bandits." The movie is a fantasy adventure film about a young boy who gets caught up in a time-traveling adventure with a group of mischievous dwarves.

2. Who made "Sorry, it's time for everyone to see Time Bandits"?

"Sorry, it's time for everyone to see Time Bandits" is not a movie itself, but rather a phrase that references the movie "Time Bandits." The movie was directed by Terry Gilliam and released in 1981.

3. Is "Sorry, it's time for everyone to see Time Bandits" appropriate for children?

The movie "Time Bandits" is rated PG and contains some mild violence and language. It may be suitable for older children, but parents should use their discretion and research the content to determine if it is appropriate for their child.

4. What is the scientific premise behind "Sorry, it's time for everyone to see Time Bandits"?

As a scientist, I can say that "Sorry, it's time for everyone to see Time Bandits" is a purely fictional and fantastical movie, and therefore does not have a scientific premise. It is meant to entertain and spark the imagination, rather than be scientifically accurate.

5. Is "Sorry, it's time for everyone to see Time Bandits" based on a true story?

No, "Sorry, it's time for everyone to see Time Bandits" is not based on a true story. It is a work of fiction and was created solely for entertainment purposes.