Sorry, it's time for everyone to see Time Bandits

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date

Answers and Replies

If you search on youtube, you can watch all of 2001, a space odyssey.

Evo
Mentor
If you search on youtube, you can watch all of 2001, a space odyssey.
But its not as good as Time Bandits. Time Bandits is Monty Python.

Time Bandits is a classic! I loved the Robinhood scene. The only thing is, the ending was a little weird.

I have it on DVD, although I didn't like that movie that much.

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
It was free in the paper the other week. I watched it years ago but I might watch it again soon.

Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
But its not as good as Time Bandits. Time Bandits is Monty Python.
More precisely, it is written by Michael Palin and directed by Terry Gilliam, both of Monty Python, and with a cameo by Cleese as Robin Hood; but it is not a "Monty Python" film.

The end of this movie has to be one of the most spectacularly original I have ever seen. As Gilliam mentions on the commentary to the DVD, the sudden explosion of your parents, is one of the most exciting fantasies of a ten year old boy; kind of a combination of the worst and best thing in the world.

I often wonder how much better the film could have been if Gilliam was given the budget he wanted.

Evo
Mentor
More precisely, it is written by Michael Palin and directed by Terry Gilliam, both of Monty Python, and with a cameo by Cleese as Robin Hood; but it is not a "Monty Python" film.
Yes, but when I just name them people don't automatically know who I am talking about.

Did you know George Harrison did the theme song?

Alfi
Fun fantasy film.

-Three thumbs up -

Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Yes, but when I just name them people don't automatically know who I am talking about.

Did you know George Harrison did the theme song?
Yeah. "Handmade Films" was George's production company. He was real chummy with Michael Palin. George taught Palin how to deal with being famous in a crowd (right after Life of Brian): "Just ignore them. You'll go crazy otherwise."