Can't Upload Diagram - Need Help

• Thread starter gnome
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Testing
In summary, there could be various reasons why you are unable to upload your diagram, such as file format, size, or internet connection issues. It is important to ensure that your file is in a compatible format and check your internet connection before attempting to upload again. Additionally, most websites have a file size limit for uploads, so you may need to compress your diagram or use a different file sharing method if it is too large. While some websites may allow hand-drawn diagrams to be uploaded, it is generally recommended to create a digital version for better clarity and organization. If the quality of your diagram decreases after uploading, it could be due to the website's compression settings. Finally, whether you can edit your diagram after uploading depends on the website
gnome
please help with attachment

Trying to upload a diagram (never did this before).

Any ideas why I can't seem to do this? I'm trying to attach a simple jpeg drawing. I put it in the Browse box at the bottom of the edit screen but it doesn't appear in the post.

Attachments

• circuit.jpeg
    circuit.jpeg
    5.1 KB · Views: 462
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
.. a common confusion .. it takes time for the administrator to put the image online.

So if I just wait & pray, it will magically appear eventually?

Yes, it will a link will appear in your post over time.

1. Why am I unable to upload my diagram?

There could be several reasons for this issue. It could be a problem with the file format, size, or internet connection. Make sure the file is in a compatible format and check your internet connection before attempting to upload again.

2. How do I know if my diagram is too large to upload?

Most websites have a file size limit for uploads, usually around 5-10 MB. If your diagram is larger than this, you may need to compress the file or use a different file sharing method such as a cloud storage service.

3. Can I upload a hand-drawn diagram?

Some websites may allow hand-drawn diagrams to be uploaded, but it is best to check the specific guidelines for the website you are using. In most cases, it is recommended to create a digital version of your diagram for better clarity and organization.

4. Why does the quality of my diagram decrease after uploading?

This could be due to the website's compression settings. Some websites automatically compress images to reduce file size and improve loading times. If this is a concern, try uploading your diagram to a different website or contact the website's support team for assistance.

5. Can I edit my diagram after uploading?

It depends on the website's features and settings. Some websites allow for editing and updating of diagrams, while others do not. If you need to make changes to your diagram, it may be best to do so before uploading it or contact the website's support team for assistance.