1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Sould i try

1. Nov 1, 2009 #1
    i am a senior in high school and i am starting to realy like math sould i try going into something with math?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 1, 2009 #2
    probably

4. Nov 2, 2009 #3
    First year math is usually very general (in fact, first year science is also really general). You will be required to take Calculus and Linear Algebra for sure and perhaps some other courses like an intro to proofs. My point is that you should be able to test the waters of math while taking some other courses in programs that may interest you (ie taking some chemistry and biology courses in case you may want to switch to a physical science program).

If you are really motivated you may want to find an intro Analysis book such as "Elementary Analysis: The Theory of Calculus", which is probably difficult for a high school student but it will give you a good idea of what you're going to do in your second year in math.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook