Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Sound insulation

  1. Jan 14, 2016 #1
    Dear All,

    I'm seeking for EN/ISO/ASTM standards and where we can perform sound insulation testing for plastic foam/cellular products. Can you give me an advice?

    Thank in advance,

  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 14, 2016 #2
    C634 Terminology Relating to Building and Environmental Acoustics
    E90 Test Method for Laboratory Measurement of Airborne Sound Transmission Loss of Building Partitions and Elements
    E336 Test Method for Measurement of Airborne Sound Attenuation between Rooms in Buildings
    E596 Test Method for Laboratory Measurement of Noise Reduction of Sound-Isolating Enclosures
    E1414 Test Method for Airborne Sound Attenuation Between Rooms Sharing a Common Ceiling Plenum
  4. Jan 14, 2016 #3
    Dear Dipstik,

    Thank you for your kind supprot,

    Do you know where can perform this test?
  5. Jan 21, 2016 #4


    User Avatar
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

    Where are you based? You need an accredited test facility (in for example the UK that would be a company with UKAS accreditation for the relevant test)
    You can always try contacting you National Measurement Institute, they should have list of accredited companies that can perform the test you need.

    Edit: according to your profile you are based in Vietnam; so try the Vietnam Metrology Institute.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook