1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Sound: missed test questions

1. Jun 28, 2003 #1

Dx

1) A sample of Co2 contains 3.01x10^23 molecules at STP. what volume does this sample occupy?
    I have the multiple choice answers but need help explaining why you chose that answer.

11.2L
    44.8L
    32.7L

2) a 25L container hold H gas at gauge pressure 1.25atm and temo 0 degrees celcius. whats mass of H in this container

2.8g
    4.2g
    5.6g

3) An ideal gas has density of 1.75kg/m^3 at gauge pressure 160kPa. what must be the gauge pressure isf density of 1 kg/m^3 is desired at the same temp?

356kPA
    280kPA
    48KPa

4) an ideal gas in container of volume 100cm^3 at 20 degrees C has pressure of 100N/m^2. determine the number of gas molecules in the container

6x10^23
    2.5x10^18
    5.2x10^18

I am not going to put my work here since ive already missed them. I cant go on not understanding why or what these answers were. I have gone back to re-read the chapter on this and still unclear with the ideal gas law, i know its said to be simple but its not clicking here. I dont need a long explaination just the answer you got and briefly how you derived it. If you feel you dont have to answer this cause it vilates so rules its like i said "Its not homework but missed test questions that for my own personnel conquest I must try to solve but need your help, plz" Please understand I hold each of you in the highest respect and thank you for all youve done. Its really been a great help for me to better understand this subject.
    I applaude you all!
    Dx :wink:

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 28, 2003 #2

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You use the same equation for all of these: PV=nRT

P=absolute pressure
    V=volume
    n=# of moles
    R=ideal gas constant
    T=temp (in oK)

4. Jun 28, 2003 #3

Tom Mattson

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?