Mysterious Low Frequency Horns: Real or Fake?

• Thread starter Salvador
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Frequency
In summary, some people believe that mysterious sounds are being produced from the sky. There is no evidence to support this claim, and most of the evidence seems to point towards it being a hoax.
Salvador
Does anyone have an explanation for these? youtube is filled with videos about them and as many could be fun tricks played by trolls many are also real confirmed in many news media articles heard by witnesses.

for example

I have heard some physicists explaining them as electromagnetic waves and some uninformed people call them simply HAARP as they think its due to the radioantenna array experiments which I think have nothing to do with any of what it's used for. Also can radiowaves and electromagnetic radiation manifest itself as deep low frequency horns being audible ? I don't think so , what phenomenon would make them do so , and how can even a radiowave become a soundwave all by itself ? I think it can't happen.

hope to hear some good arguments about this.

Physics news on Phys.org
Sounds like a seashell to me. I assume the cause is similar.

that's Vanadium being a little sarcastic which is probably fine on a topic like this yet I would still love to hear some serious input on this as it is some kind of a rare phenomenon not entirely a hoax.

I don't think V50 was being sarcastic (think bigger), but it sounds more like a train whistle to me. If the weather is right, you can hear them for many miles and they can get distorted

Caveat: I only listened to a couple.

I'll be honest; my BS meter is pegged at the moment.

1. The thread is "sounds from sky" but there's nothing to support directionality of the sound wave.
2. These mysterious sounds sound like they could have been lifted off the track of any B-level horror movie.
3. If it WERE a natural phenomenon, I would be far more inclined to believe it if it was described as simply interference the with the audio pickup.
4. Most important of all, in today's world of social media run amok, remember this law
"Unless presented with factual evidence to the contrary, unexplained phenomena should treated skeptically, especially if they had a video camera going for no other reason".

If this is anything it's just picking up normal sounds from unusual circumstances. A lot of these sound similar to industrial work (metal on metal) if the sound was distorted.

I say all hoax. In some of the clips in that vid the sound is so loud you would expect everyone to stop what they are doing and listen or rush out onto the street to see what's happening yet nothing happens, people walk about and you can hear kids playing.

well russ english is not my native language so I might have missed the underlying contact of the phrase that V50 used earlier.I really don't have a clue about that.

as to XZ923 well i normally treat all or most of the youtube weird stuff with light humor and most of it can actually be seen as fake or an attempt at a joke.

here in the last video looks like it has been talked over in the news also , well since internet is full of crap I have over the years kinda got some basic instinct as to what is outright lie and what could be plausible , this one about the sounds I would say it's not just a joke because too many different sources are putting up the same material in order for that to be a joke those sources atleast some of them should be connected like a bunch of guys from facebook trying to pull a prank and figuring out the details how to do it.
But since this isn't very popular I doubt one could get that many followers on something like this.
It also isn;t a major political or social event that has been firslty on the news , events like 9/11 and many others which first happened and after that all sorts of crazy folks started to think up all sorts of weirs explanations , so these are some of my own proofs that this one isn't fake.Ofcourse I don't have any proof but I think Cwatters , that as with all material on youtube some could be geniuine and then some could have just made something similar up just for fun.

Salvador said:
some uninformed people call them simply HAARP as they think its due to the radioantenna array experiments which I think have nothing to do with any of what it's used for

well it cannot be HAARP anyway, its been shut down for some years

Salvador said:
that's Vanadium being a little sarcastic which is probably fine on a topic like this yet I would still love to hear some serious input on this as it is some kind of a rare phenomenon not entirely a hoax

I am not being sarcastic. I am providing a suggestion for a conventional and mundane explanation.

What are mysterious low frequency horns?

Mysterious low frequency horns are a phenomenon that has been reported by some individuals, where they claim to hear low frequency sounds that cannot be explained by any known source. These sounds are often described as a deep, vibrating hum or rumble.

Are mysterious low frequency horns real or fake?

The answer to this question is still unclear and debated among scientists. Some believe that these sounds could be caused by natural phenomena such as earthquakes or ocean waves, while others argue that they could be man-made noises from industrial equipment or military operations.

What causes mysterious low frequency horns?

As mentioned before, the cause of mysterious low frequency horns is still unknown. Some theories suggest that these sounds could be a result of infrasound, which is sound with a frequency lower than 20Hz that is not audible to the human ear. Other possible explanations include tectonic plate movements or atmospheric disturbances.

Can mysterious low frequency horns be harmful?

There is no evidence to suggest that mysterious low frequency horns are harmful to human health. However, some people have reported experiencing physical symptoms such as headaches, dizziness, and nausea when exposed to these sounds. Further research is needed to determine the potential health effects of these low frequency sounds.

How can mysterious low frequency horns be studied and investigated?

Scientists and researchers use specialized equipment such as microphones and seismometers to record and analyze mysterious low frequency horns. They also conduct field studies and surveys to gather data and investigate possible sources of these sounds. However, due to the unpredictable nature of these horns, it can be challenging to study and gather conclusive evidence.