Very far away from the source, yes, as you are always limited by diffraction. For a laser pointer (or all visible light lasers with a similar beam diameter), it becomes a good approximation after several hundred meters.
This assumes no absorption or other elements (like lenses) in the path, of course.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving