Sources for Magnet wire?

• Thread starter Jdo300
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hello All,

In my projects, I am constantly winding coils and more coils, which all use magnet wire of various lengts and gauges. Most of the stuff, I buy from RadioShack or eBay in50' and 100' rolls. But since I go through a lot of it, I figured it would be worth the money to just buy a couple of large rolls to use for future experiments. I am looking for some stuff between 20 and 26 gauge generally and I'm wondering if anyone here knows of any good sites for buying it in bulk (bulk meaning about 1-5lb) for a decent price. If all else fails, I'll be snooping around eBay for some more.

Thanks,
Jason O

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
Mouser is a handy distributor of magnet wire. Here is a catalog page of theirs with Belden magnet wire listed:

http://www.mouser.com/catalog/629/852.pdf [Broken]

I didn't get any hits with a Digikey search, but they may carry magnet wire as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
berkeman
Mentor
Actually, I just now used the Belden part number for 26AWG (8053) at Findchips.com, and got lots of hits. That's a generic enough number that most of the hits are for other stuff, but it does show that a number of distributors carry the Belden magnet wire.