Sourcing a Diverter Valve for Regenerative Blower

• Thread starter bsheikho
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Valve
It is also helpful to consult with someone who has experience with these types of valves to ensure you are using the correct terminology and to get recommendations on specific vendors. In summary, the part you are looking for is a 3-way diverter valve and it can be found from a variety of suppliers, including Festo, SMC, ASCO, Parker, and Barksdale.
bsheikho
I am at a loss for trying to find this part, it seems like only 1 or 2 manufacturers produce this, But I'm sure it is more common than that. This is an attachment that goes on to the inlet/outlet of regenerative blowers, and with a solenoid, allows the output port to switch between vacuum pressure and high pressure air.

I've attached a picture of the only one I was able to find, labelled a "diverter valve". I'm hoping someone with more experience might have come across this and can either correct the term I'm using, or direct me to a vendor who might carry something like this. (Ideally in North America)

Really appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Diverter Valve.png
    Diverter Valve.png
    88.9 KB · Views: 435
Engineering news on Phys.org
The part you are looking for is called a 3-way diverter valve. It allows for the output port to be connected to either a vacuum pressure or high pressure air source. You should be able to find these valves from a variety of suppliers, both in North America and abroad. Some manufacturers that offer these valves include: Festo, SMC, ASCO, Parker, and Barksdale.

What is a diverter valve for regenerative blower?

A diverter valve for regenerative blower is a mechanical device used to redirect the flow of air from a regenerative blower to different outlets. It is typically used in pneumatic conveying systems to control the flow of materials.

What are the different types of diverter valves for regenerative blowers?

There are several types of diverter valves for regenerative blowers, including rotary valves, flap valves, ball valves, and butterfly valves. The type of valve used will depend on the specific application and the materials being conveyed.

How do I choose the right diverter valve for my regenerative blower?

To choose the right diverter valve for your regenerative blower, you should consider factors such as the type of materials being conveyed, the required flow rate, and the operating pressure and temperature. It is also important to ensure that the valve is compatible with the blower and any other components in the system.

What are the common problems with diverter valves for regenerative blowers?

Some common problems with diverter valves for regenerative blowers include leakage, blockages, and wear and tear. These issues can be caused by factors such as improper installation, incorrect sizing, or inadequate maintenance. Regular maintenance and proper installation can help prevent these problems.

Where can I source a diverter valve for my regenerative blower?

Diverter valves for regenerative blowers can be sourced from various manufacturers, distributors, and suppliers. It is important to do research and compare options to ensure that you are getting a high-quality valve that meets your specific needs. You can also consult with experts in the industry for recommendations and advice.